As we celebrate our 41st year we are recruiting candidates who are able to excel in a dynamic and fast-moving environment to join our laboratory team in St. Helena, CA.
Who we are:
ETS Laboratories is the worldwide leader in providing independent, ISO-accredited analytical services to the wine industry. We partner with the world’s greatest winemakers to provide them with innovative analytical tools of the highest quality and an unmatched technical expertise to support their winemaking craft.
Since we opened in 1978, ETS Laboratories has grown to five locations across the West coast with a staff whose knowledge covers a broad range of expertise. We boast a diverse, highly trained team with a broad range of experience and advanced degrees. Although we’ve grown to five locations, we are still a family-owned business.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be joining elite international team in St. Helena that is responsible for analytical work and laboratory support functions in a fast paced, high through-put production laboratory. You will be expected to demonstrate superior organizational skills, be extremely detail oriented and able to perform high volume, precise analytical work under pressure with calm confidence, speed and accuracy.
You should share our focus and commitment to continuous quality, innovation, and learning to help drive future development and deliver greater value to our clients and support them as they make the world’s finest wines. No experience in the wine industry is required.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Chemistry analyses utilizing sophisticated instrumentation and methodologies
- Sample logistics and preparation
- Reagent preparation and quality control
- Instrument setup, calibration, maintenance & troubleshooting
- Routine purchasing and inventory maintenance
- Participation in and promotion of continuous improvement efforts within the laboratory
- Adherence to strict confidentiality of the company's and clients’ intellectual property
What we're looking for:
- A degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, or a related scientific field
- Practical experience in a production laboratory
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, high-throughput production laboratory and maintain composure under pressure
- The ability to prioritize daily tasks and meet the demands of multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- The ability to learn and adhere to specific ISO and quality system protocols
- The availability to work flexible schedules when required, especially during peak analytical seasons
- The ability to handle client records and data according to strict privacy and confidentiality guidelines
Must be able to sit or stand for significant periods of time while performing a variety of tasks.
Must be able to perform repetitive hand motions such as capping and uncapping tubes or sample containers.
This position is open to non-smokers only due to sensitive sensory analyses performed in our laboratory.
ETS offers a comprehensive benefits package.