winejobs > job details
Only for Hopewell & Hamilton locations, please reach out to other locations separately.
Job Description: Wine Manager
The Buy-Rite franchise of liquor stores and wine shops is the largest such organization in the state of New Jersey, with over 50 locations.
We are looking for managers that have good wine, spirits or beer product knowledge for these locations. You should be a highly motivated individual that also has the personality to thrive in a retail operation. This is the perfect company and position for someone that is looking for growth opportunities.
The Wine manger will act as the in-store wine expert, able to readily assist wine customers to determine needs and make recommendations. As a department manager your goal is to develop a strong customer base, and build relationships to maximize repeat visits; as well as fosters a collaborative work environment, ensuring a positive internal and external customer experience. In addition, the right person provides sales leadership and product knowledge inspiration to the team.
- Experience in retail or restaurants
- Knowledge of either wine, micro-brews or high-end specialty spirits
- Multiple years of employee management
- Availability on weekends and holidays
Responsibilities will include:
- Employee recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, and supervising
- SALES, customer service & promotions
- Floor merchandising and organization
- Ordering & Inventory control
- Setting up weekly in store wine tastings
- Managing e-commerce website
- Social media content
We are a procedural-driven operation, and attention to detail and discipline are essential qualities we seek in a candidate.
Please note that we will only respond to candidates whose background and experience approximate the position requirements.