Benton-Lane Winery is seeking enthusiastic full time and part time seasonal interns to join our production staff for bottling and the 2019 harvest. We focus on producing premium Pinot Noir, and Chardonnay from our 140-acre vineyard in Monroe. Harvest Interns will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, participating in all aspects of winemaking, from primary processing to barrel filling, and bottling. We are seeking team members that take initiative and are willing to perform cellar tasks
needed for smooth operation of our facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• General sanitation of winery - equipment and barrels.
• Assist in receiving, weighing, sorting and processing fruit.
• Pump operation.
• Performing punch downs.
• Transfer of wine and juice from tank to tank.
• Removing pomace from tanks and press.
• Barrel filling and topping.
• Other cellar work as assigned.
• Fork Lift experience preferred but not required.
• Currently studying or degreed in Enology/Viticulture or related field preferred but not required.
• Prior experience in agriculture, farming or wine making preferred but not required.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Comfortable working in a team or individually on tasks.
• Interest in learning, willingness to ask questions.
• Ability to follow standard operating procedures and safety protocols.
• Work 8 to 12 hours per day or as required in a physically-demanding environment. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to perform physically demanding tasks outdoors in changing weather conditions.
• Able to stand for long periods of time.
• Requires the ability to sit bend, stoop, twist, and walk over uneven surfaces.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to use a variety of hand tools without experiencing abnormal strain.
Time Frame/Working Hours:
• This position begins July 2019 and will complete in November 2019.
• Work will usually begin around 7:00 AM; though harvest conditions require flexibility and can include partial shifts and weekends.
• Part time positions may be available.
Please email your resume and inquires to Michael Hammond, Production Winemaker at Michael@benton-lane.com.
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Location: Monroe, OR 97456
Category: Cellar, Lab and Production