Vino Farms is a well-established vineyard management company responsible for producing high quality wine grapes in a sustainable and profitable manner for our clients. This is a great opportunity for the right person to grow and become an integral part of this progressive family business. The company has a long history of integrity and is considered an industry leader. We are a dynamic company which provides an exciting, fast paced environment, a competitive compensation and a robust benefit plan. If you are an exceptional individual with a strong work ethic and are looking for a great career opportunity, then we invite you to join our team.
Immediate opening available to assist the viticulture team in collecting, maintaining and reporting vineyard information during the growing season. This position will work in both our Napa and Sonoma vineyards.
1. Collect soil and plant tissue samples
2. Maintain insect traps and report insect counts
3. Take sugar samples
4. Maintain an awareness of vine pests, diseases, disorders, and moisture status of vines and communicate observations to Viticulturist
5. Take soil moisture readings
6. Attend team meetings, training sessions, and educational meetings
• Basic knowledge of vineyard operations
• Excellent communication skills
• Positive attitude
• Willing to learn
• Team oriented
• Ability to operate an ATV
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred (speak, read, write in English; speak Spanish)
• Legible handwriting for record keeping
• Computer and software experience, including but not limited to Windows, iOs, Android
Required Licenses and Training
• Valid California drivers license (class C)
• Usually working outdoors in extremes of heat/humidity/cold and other weather conditions
• Often exposed to dust, noise, agricultural environment and equipment
• Work is strenuous involving bending, stooping, awkward body positions
• Regularly lift up to 25 lbs; occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
Vino Farms offers a competitive salary based on experience level + award winning benefits. Vino Farms was recently named to the Wine Industry’s Top 10 Best in Benefits by Milliman. Our benefits include health/dental/vision/ Life/AD&D/LTD, a 401(k) plan with a company match, and a company provided vehicle and cell phone.
Vino Farms, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. Vino Farms, LLC. does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The above is a general outline of responsibilities of this position, it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required for this position.