Over 50 years ago, Ridge made its first Monte Bello, and two years later its first zinfandel. Since this time, Ridge has championed single-vineyard winemaking, searching California for those rare vineyards where climate, soil, and varietal are ideally matched. Ridge Vineyards has two locations; high on Monte Bello Ridge in California's rugged Santa Cruz Mountains in Cupertino, and in the heart of Sonoma County in Healdsburg.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to assist the Monte Bello Retail operation. Qualified candidates will provide exceptional guest-service experience to consumers, wine club members and members of the trade visiting Ridge Vineyards Monte Bello estate. Effectively conduct the sale of wine, wine club memberships, and non-wine merchandise. This position plays a key role in influencing the public’s perception of Ridge Vineyards, therefore, must possess excellent communication and guest service skills. The Retail Sales & Hospitality Associate must be articulate, self-motivated, customer service oriented, and must be able to work weekends and holidays.
• Undergraduate college degree preferred
• Prior experience in a wine service environment preferred
• Prior experience in the luxury hospitality industry with emphasis on outstanding guest service preferred
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
• Excellent organizational skills
• Collaborative/team operational skills
• Ability to make empowered decisions that positively affect the customer’s experience
• Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Outlook, WiMS, POS, Salesforce, etc.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work special events on multiple weekend days and evenings periodically throughout the year
• Ability to regularly lift 40 lbs.
• Ability to accept and maintain all discipline and behavior standards unique to the alcoholic beverage industry.
• Ability to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather environments, on potentially uneven ground of varying material (wood, gravel, dirt, etc.).
• This position requires obtaining ABC-approved Responsible Serving Certification within 2 weeks of hire date. Ridge will compensate staff for online training, up to 5 hours. Additional program details will be provided on first day of employment.
• This position requires obtaining Food Safety for Food Handlers certification within the first month of hire date.