Pine Ridge Vineyards is an ultra-premium Cabernet Sauvignon grower and winery located in the Stags Leap District of Napa Valley. We focus on AVA specific Cabernet Sauvignon, while also producing limited amounts of barrel fermented Chardonnay. Pine Ridge Vineyards owns 180 acres over 12 Vineyard sites in 5 AVAs of the Napa Valley. The winery has 6/10 of a mile worth of caves where all red wine lots are stored.
The Concierge for Pine Ridge Vineyards is a key member of the guest relations team and is the initial contact that most guests have when visiting the estate. Therefore, exemplary communication skills, a professional demeanor and a high level of customer service are required to ensure that all guests receive an experience that is congruent with the philosophy and customer service values of Pine Ridge Vineyards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons.
• Greets every guest with a warm and gracious welcome, creating a memorable first impression.
• Explains tasting options and introduces guests to the Tasting Room hosts who will take care of them.
• Assists in responding to appointment requests and emails in a timely and professional manner for winery tour and tasting requests.
• Provides assistance for organizing and managing the reservation database and works collaboratively with winery management and the reservationist to organize and manage the daily customer flow.
• Distributes daily appointment schedule to the winery staff.
• Engages with guests to ascertain information to personalize their experience; who referred them, where are they staying, are they local, etc.
• Assists guests with recommendations/reservations for hotels, restaurants, spas, and other wineries.
• Assists in managing winery outreach program including development and maintenance of outreach targets, outreach collateral, outreach incentive programs and data input.
• Builds and maintains relationships with other concierges for referrals to the winery for our tours and tastings.
• Assists with setup of any special appointment requests.
• Provides back-up support to the guest relations department as required.
• Continuously monitors the general appearance, temperature & ambiance of the Tasting Room, Patio Lounge and Estate Gardens throughout the day.
• Insure that all correspondence and documentation are posted and in order for each trade visit. Concierge will need to coordinate and communicate with Trade Liaison for the necessary staff and resources required to host all trade requests.
• Assists in end of day closing procedures (bottle counts, tabulating ‘pour’ wines, closing registers, etc.)
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• AA or BA degree helpful, but not required.
• 2-3 years’ experience in a winery DTC, hotel or restaurant setting.
• Capable of remaining calm and professional during peak visitor periods.
• Speak knowledgeably about Pine Ridge Vineyards and its wines.
• Must have excellent knowledge of wine and food with enthusiasm to continually learn new information and share knowledge with guests and other co-workers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (via telephone, e-mail and face-to-face) are required.
• Proficiency in POS systems and CRM software.
• Able to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
• Detail oriented and ability to maintain, create and manage an organizational system.
• Interact with the public and staff in a positive, professional manner.
• Enthusiastic, passionate and dynamic communication style.
• Comfortable speaking in front of crowds.
• Self-aware, able to work independently, and driven to make a difference.
• Must have a positive attitude and outlook with the ability to work within a team atmosphere.
• Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
• Must be able to work in a busy, weekend tasting room environment.
• Experience with a luxury wine brand a plus.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
• Experience with VinoVisit a plus.
• Professional appearance consistent with a luxury brand.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs. and pass a physical exam and a drug test.