Situated in the western hills of Oakville, Promontory combines the state of the art in winemaking with deep ties to Napa Valley’s past. The vineyards that supply this innovative winery lie in a remote territory that has remained hidden since the days when stagecoaches traversed its terrain en route from Napa to Sonoma. The rare convergence of soil types on the property yields red wines of unprecedented character that are unlike any others in the region. Our employees are committed to providing our patrons and guests with the finest experiences.
We are currently recruiting an IT Support Specialist who will be responsible for providing technical support, advice, and assistance to end users with technical, hardware, and software system problems. Must be able to maintain confidentiality and uphold integrity while providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflect definition of essential functions for the job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
User Support (>80%)
Provide support to all level of users for hardware, software and associated network devices (VOIP phones, printers, iPhone, iPad, and more)
Deploy hardware and software for computers and mobile phones
Welcome and orient new users regarding the company computing environment
Evaluate hardware and software operational status and report significant findings
Document all support resolutions in IT support tracking software
Analyze the training need of users and recommend training curriculums and end-users that would benefit most from IT training. Lead internal training session if relevant
Maintain current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology and utilize state-of-the-art techniques when implementing personal computing solutions
Assist in the development and enforcement of IT policies and procedures
Server Support (<10%)
In the absence of the System Engineer, be able to administer, support, and maintain the Servers (hardware, OS, utilities)
Network and Telecommunication Support (<10%)
In the absence of the Network Engineer, be able to administer, support, and maintain the WAN, LAN, WLAN, and VOIP
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all related duties as assigned
- Minimum AS degree in Computer Science or qualified technical certifications
- Excellent technical skills with Information Systems and at least 5 years of hands-on experience using diverse types of hardware and software
- Experience in a business environment centered around core Microsoft technologies
- Deep working knowledge of Office 365, Office 365 administration, Windows 7 and Windows 10 in AD Domain environment, Mac OS and iOS
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Server, TCP/IP and DHCP, internal DNS, and printing management
- Experience supporting a small-medium sized user community preferred
- Natural problem-solving skills focused on finding quality resolutions for both the present and the future
- Good communication skills capable of dealing with employees from every department and level of the organization
- Service-oriented personality, positive attitude, passion for technology
- Must possess good follow up and follow through skills
- Must be a team player, willing to pitch in where needed
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with grace and remain calm while managing multiple projects or last-minute requests
- Must have good driving record and be able to drive as needed to the various sites
- Related technical certifications a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Experience in using Solarwinds N-central a plus
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Sit for extended periods
- Able to walk up and downstairs frequently
- Able to bend, kneel, push, and pull
Please email us your resume and cover letter.
Pacific Union Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.