This full-time employee will be responsible for assisting the Winemaker in the execution of winemaking activities for our 15,000 case production winery in Crozet, Virginia. The position requires a mixture of hands-on work, laboratory skills, attention to detail, and cleanliness. This role is physically demanding.
Desired Skills & Experience Requirements include:
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Hold a valid driver’s license and have your own transportation.
• Possess strong organizational, team building, and problem solving skills, with attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Lift and carry up to 50 pounds; work on and around ladders, catwalks, uneven flooring, in hot, cold and wet environments; with typical winery chemical exposure and conditions.
• Available to work a varied schedule during harvest season as needed.
• Two years of related experience required
• Must be eligible and approved for work in the United States
• Assist in day-to-day cellar operations, including harvest, bottling, barrel maintenance, sanitation, cellar organization and cleanliness, and lab analysis.