- Manage Boxwood Estate 26 acre premium Vineyard and Vineyard Workers following the Yearly Vineyard Schedule.
- Follow instruction from vineyard consultant, Lucie Morton.
- Coordinate work with Winemaker.
- Operate and maintain vineyard equipment.
- Manage vineyard production for premium grapes, cane pruning, vertical shoot positioning, shoot selection by hand, leaf removal and crop thinning to promote ripeness/grape quality.
- Maintain a daily Vineyard log during the growing season.
- Responsible for submitting purchase orders for all supplies needed for vineyard management.
- Act as Assistant to Winemaker post-harvest, during the dormant season, bottling and when needed.
- Obtain or maintain a Virginia Personal Pesticide Applicator License.
- Read and understand pesticide labels, derive viable spray program, calculate rates for pesticides, apply pesticides and calibrate pesticide sprayer.
- Must have flexible hours, including weekends and extended hours at harvest.
CIMA Sprayer (2)
FMC Frost Dragon (2)
Clemens: Cultivator, Hedgers, Leaf Puller
Rinieri: Harrow, Plow
John Deere: 5320 (2)