The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 12 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we strive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
The Bulk Wine Specialist is responsible for providing administrative support and coordination for Bulk Wine Procurement, Sales, Planning, Winemaking staff, Finance and Logistics. Typical duties included day-to-day tracking of inventory, purchase order entry, coordinating wine movements, coordinating and tracking samples, overseeing purchases and domestic sales from inception to delivery ensuring that brokers, vendors and customers deliver/receive product as per agreement. Create and maintain detailed historical files related to Bulk Wine Purchases, Sales and Sample Approvals and Rejections. Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of administrative/clerical experience, advanced Microsoft Office skills (with Word, Excel, Outlook), a strong grasp of Pivot tables, and is motivated to grow and develop their skill sets with a can-do attitude. Strongly prefer candidates with Bachelor's degree, wine industry experience, and JDE Oracle experience.
* Create Purchase Orders/Bulk Wine Transactions
* Internal/External PO distribution and archiving
* Support sales process, customer management and logistics
* Oversee and track wine sample requests, internal routing, and approvals
* Oversee the timing and volume of wine deliveries/shipments with Logistics
* Resolve document, invoicing, receiving and shipping bulk wine issues
* Manage, distribute and maintain archives of bulk wine reports and transactions
* Audit Import Container schedule to ensure Bottling Schedule requirements are met
* Other clerical and administrative duties, including but not limited to, file maintenance, department correspondence, mail, etc.
* Other report creation based on Bulk Wine and Logistics data, as needed
* Attend Broker, Vendor or Logistics meetings as required
* This job description reflects management's assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
* 1-3 years of experience in an administrative/clerical role.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Must possess advanced keyboard and Microsoft Suite (Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook. Experience with SharePoint is desired).
* Proficiency using and creating Pivot Tables, 1 & 2-Way Data Tables and Functions. Experience using Macros preferred.
* Wine industry experience strongly preferred
* Experience with JDE Oracle preferred
* Ability to work under general supervision; must be adept at handling multiple assignments in a timely manner while meeting assignment deadlines.
* Sound interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen, resolve problems, deal with unresolved issues, delays and unexpected events, while effectively communicating and maintaining rapport with employees.
* Ability to use discretion and handle sensitive and confidential information.
* Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
* Provide good verbal and written communications to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
* Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities.
* Work independently within set guidelines.
* Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
* Position operates in a professional office environment
* Must be able to sit for long periods of time
* Ability to lift 40 pounds
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
See Job Description