The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 12 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Under the direction of the Tasting Room Manager, Concannon Vineyard- Hospitality in Livermore, CA location, the Tasting Room Sales/Wine Educator serve as the first point of contact for our customers. This role is a Concannon brand ambassador that will carry out exceptional customer experience, wine education that results in sales for the Concannon Estate. As a result, the appearance, mannerisms, and personality exemplifies the very first guest impression and response of our establishment. The candidate should possess wine bar and/or restaurant experience, should have a super-charged, customer-focused attitude, and a vibrant enthusiasm for wine and food and the wine lifestyle.
Concannon Vineyard will teach you everything you need to know about our wines and history; however, we do expect you to have genuine interest and great enthusiasm for learning more about wine and for communicating Concannon history and accomplishments. You must have excellent verbal and interpersonal skills, and must enjoy conversing and interacting with people from around the world. Successful candidates will also be those who take personal leadership responsibility in providing outstanding service and friendliness that exceeds expectations with every customer in order to build authentic, loyal customer relationships and to increase wine and wine club membership sales.
* California has thousands of tasting rooms, but only the best offer new and unforgettable experiences. Delighting and surprising our customers with a fantastic experience at our winery is at the center of our attention and must be yours as well
* Assist with outside tastings and winery events
* Assist customers with wine, wine club membership and other purchases. This may include transporting wine and non-wine purchases to the customer's vehicle from the stock room or tasting room.
* Maintain a high level of relevant Concannon wine and Concannon Vineyard knowledge by remaining familiar with current press information, memos, marketing information and other wine related publications provided to you.
* Maintain competence with computer functions, including retail POS systems.
* Answer telephones, process orders, and provide customer service.
* Perform cashier operations, including tasting room opening and closing.
* Perform periodic wine and non-wine inventories.
* Perform routine housekeeping, organization, and stocking tasks
* Required to work evenings, weekends and holidays
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of 1- 2 years of experience food/wine industry
* Professional appearance and demeanor when dealing with guests and vendors
* Experience working with fine wine and food in a customer service focused environment - proven customer service skills is a must
* Sound general wine knowledge with a commitment to excellent knowledge and enthusiasm for the wines served in our wine bar and tasting room
* Highly motivated, hospitality- and sales-driven with an outstanding work ethic
* Experience in making weekly schedules for restaurant staff
* Works well with others at all levels and departments
* 21 years of age or older with a valid CDL
* Must have ability to become ServSafe certified
* Must be or become TIPS certified
* Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
* Must be able to stand for an extended period of time
* Working environment has exposure to both indoors and outdoors
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting
* Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
See Job Description