The Maintenance Mechanic II is responsible for maintenance of and repairs to the building components, systems and equipment, and ancillary areas to ensure that safety standards are upheld, unscheduled down time is kept to a minimum, longevity of equipment is optimized and repair costs carefully controlled. This position works under the direction Facility Manager.
• Performs repairs, modifications and preventive maintenance on buildings, facilities, equipment, fixtures and systems.
• Troubleshoot, repair and maintain facility plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems.
• Performs skilled level repairs and modifications on building, equipment and grounds.
• Performs preventive maintenance on a pre-determined schedule for all facilities equipment.
• Assist with maintenance of bottling line equipment as needed.
• Assists with installation of machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints and drawings.
• May operate engine lathe and mill to fabricate, modify, and turn machine parts down to dimensional specifications.
• Responsible for completing projects on time and within budget.
• Maintains timely, detailed maintenance records.
• Maintains the facilities office, mechanical room and the machine shop to cleanliness, sanitation and safety standards of the company.
• Ensures tools and equipment inventory are maintained in excellent condition at all times
• Knowledge of and commitment to observe safety procedures. Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety.
• Participates in training and safety programs to enhance job performance and knowledge.
• Participates in cross departmental trainings as needed.
• Responsible for compliance with Domaine Carneros sustainability policies and practices. This is done by supporting programs throughout the winery conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental sustainability results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function from the list above satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and key responsibilities of this position. Work conditions in certain areas of the vineyard, winery, and Visitor Center are cold, wet, slippery and/or noisy. Frequent walking, including over uneven ground and up and down stairs, and bending, kneeling, and crouching are required.
Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders, bend, lift, twist, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull, push, carry, grasp, reach and stoop as needed, sometimes for extended periods, and to occasionally lift and carry heavy items up to 50 pounds (may be aided).
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize as needed.
• Ability to work independently under general supervision.
• Ability and willingness to cross train and to share skills and knowledge with others through the department and the company as a whole.
• 5 years of facilities maintenance experience or similar
• Ability to safely operate a variety of hand power tools.
• Minimum one year welding experience.
• Thorough working knowledge of electrical systems, ability to use a DVOM, ability to troubleshoot electrical diagrams.
• Knowledge of HVAC systems, hot water boilers, air compressors and refrigeration equipment.
• Knowledge of and commitment to observe safety procedures.
• Ability to maintain cooperative and pleasant relationships with colleagues.
• High school diploma or equivalent sufficient to perform math skills (maintaining inventory, comparing costs of alternate repairs, monitoring budget).
• English language skills (sufficient to communicate with supervisor and winemakers, to document repairs performed and communicate with vendors and suppliers without misunderstanding).
• Comprehensive reasoning skills to determine the appropriate course of action when more than one solution is available.
• Current California driver license with no more than one point
• Knowledge of basic general maintenance routines and preventive repairs.
• Knowledge of construction and building trades.
• Knowledge of procedures, practices, tools and equipment used to maintain winery equipment, building and grounds.
• Certified forklift operator
• Winery experience
• Spanish language skills