Pacific Union Co. supports the most prestigious wineries in the Napa Valley. Our employees are committed to providing excellence in service and customer satisfaction.
We are currently recruiting an Accounts Payable Specialist who will report to the Winery Controller.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the accounts payable cycle and supporting related accounting and administration activities. This position requires assisting in the daily operations of the Finance department and upholding the integrity and confidentiality of Pacific Union Co’s financial transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The complete accounts payable weekly cycle, including but not limited to:
- Receiving and organizing incoming vendor invoices from multiple channels
- Distribution of vendor invoices to company managers for review and approval
- Entry of approved and coded invoices into accounting software
- Processing checks for vendor payments
- Annual processing and distribution of 1099 forms
- Administrative duties to include filing, office organization, and office supply orders
- Ad hoc projects as directed by Controller
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs all duties as assigned
Minimum AA or equivalent a plus
Basic Accounting knowledge a plus
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Proficient in computers with emphasis in Microsoft Office, Excel
10-Key by touch
Ability to discreetly handle highly confidential information and to maintain confidentiality of same
Excellent problem-solving, time-management and organizations skills; must be able to prioritize workload
Professional, efficient and detail-oriented
Must have initiative, enthusiasm and self-motivation
Ability to multi-task
Work well with others
Ability to work in a fast paced growing environment
Willingness and ability to:
Lift and handle materials weighing up to 50 pounds
Sit at desk for extended periods
Grasp, stoop, squat, climb stairs, push or pull, carry, and reach over shoulder
Work overtime as needed
Pacific Union Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.