Duckhorn Wine Company has helped set the standard for American fine wine for four decades. Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, the Duckhorn luxury portfolio has evolved to include Decoy, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, and Kosta Browne. Each winery has its own dedicated winemaker and focused winegrowing program. The portfolio encompasses five distinctive visitor centers, six state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, 300+ enthusiastic employees, and 870 acres of acclaimed estate vineyards from California’s Central Coast to Washington State’s Columbia Valley. Limited quantities of all wines are available direct from the winery, throughout the United States, on five continents, and in over 50 countries. For more information, visit DuckhornWineCompany.com.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for fermentation monitoring, tank and barrel sampling, and wine analysis. Provides repeatable, accurate sampling and analyses, and actively contributes to a team environment with open communication.
*This position is seasonal, the estimated time frame is from August 5th - November 27th, 2019.*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Daily fermentation monitoring and sensory evaluation
• Tank and barrel sampling
• Vineyard sampling
• Grape and wine analysis (Brix, TA, pH, alcohol, sulfur, automated enzymatics, etc.)
• Prepare solutions, maintain chemicals, and calibrate equipment
• Support cellar with additions and inoculations
• Cleaning and preventative maintenance of instruments
• Accurate data entry and tracking using Microsoft Excel
• Prepare trials and blends upon request
• Opportunity to learn diverse winemaking techniques from multiple labels including Duckhorn, Decoy, Goldeneye, and Migration.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule and work overtime (including one weekend day) during peak harvest period
• High school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree in enology or science preferred
• Basic lab skills – including pipetting, titration, and ability to follow protocols
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Analytical, critical thinking, math skills required
• Ability to multi-task
• Attention to detail and safety
• Enjoy working in a team
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 45 lbs.
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation. Please respond with resume and letter of introduction.