Foley Family Wines is a dynamic ultra-premium wine producer of highly acclaimed, handmade wines from some of the world’s greatest vineyards and is becoming the fastest growing wine company in the industry. We are looking for people that want to be part of this momentum, and are eager, enthusiastic, and self-motivated with a passion for delivering exceptional hospitality!
Roth Estate, a member of Foley Family Wines, has immediate openings for both part-time and full-time Tasting Room Associates. The successful person in this key role is a team player, collaborator and someone who loves working with the public. We are looking for someone who knows how to sell and achieve business goals. Responsibilities include hosting tours and tastings, assisting with Telephone Sales Campaigns, and working events. This person must be enthusiastic, charismatic, and passionate about providing exceptional guest experiences. People skills and the ability to multi-task are a must along with working with the public and in a team environment. Previous winery tasting room experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right people. Applicants must be available to work weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answers visitor’s questions
• Effectively sells wine to customers in Tasting Room environment, Telephone Sales and Events
• Ability to handle purchase transactions on cash register and accounting of daily sales
• Assists customers with the carry out of purchases to their vehicles when necessary
• Provides general tourist information
• Act as host for guided tours and prepare and host wine & food pairings and cleanup
• Assists with hospitality special events as needed.
• Book guest and member experiences via phone or email for all TR experiences, gathering necessary billing and contact information
• Washes and polishes glassware for Tasting Room
EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS:
• Two years hospitality and/or tasting room experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to analyze and report on sales information
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Cash handling, computer and cash register experience is highly desirable
• Attention to detail, calmness and creativity in dealing with employees and customers, and the ability to think and react quickly under pressure
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Must have hand and finger dexterity
• Must be 21 years or older
• Ability to communicate in a clear, understandable speaking voice, and capable of communicating information to fellow employees, vendors and guests
• Ability to work in standing or seated position for extended periods of time and the ability to walk (for long periods of time) for purpose of event coordination
• Capable of following reasonably complex directions as well as being able to effectively communicate with co-workers and customers by telephone, email and/or in person
Based on experience; competitive commission structure for wine sales and wine club sign-ups, and generous employee discounts.
Foley Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer