AREA SALES MANAGER - Southeast
TERRITORY: Georgia with some travel to South Carolina, and Northern Florida
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales – Southeast
LOCATION: Preferred location is Atlanta, Georgia
Pacific Highway Wines & Spirits is an exciting national Sales and Marketing company with a wide range of wines from Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, Uruguay, South Africa, France and the United States. We are looking for a specific focus on our Australian and New Zealand wines.
The Area Sales Manager role will be primarily focused on field work to support our wholesale partners and engage key customers throughout the specified region. The overall objective is to build the Pacific Highway distribution footprint on all brands and grow our overall case volume. A great chance to engage and grow with a fast-growing company!
ASM’s responsibilities include 80% focus on selling new products and/or upgrading the number of product lines in retail on/off premise accounts. (4 days a week in field, split with distributor work with and individual account calls). Business Development and increasing distribution in new accounts will be a key indicator of success in this position.
• Work closely with distributor network on a weekly basis to execute distribution and brand building initiatives.
• Communicate, enforce and monitor National Account programs as they develop.
• Educate distributor personnel and key account customers on Pacific Highway Wines and Spirits.
• Make presentations to distributor network on weekly/monthly basis to educate them on direction and brand standards.
• Conduct trade tastings and wine dinners targeting our key trade partners and customer fan base.
• Effectively target POS usage and merchandising material in the right accounts.
• Monitor competitive activities in the market place and communicate to the appropriate people with a suggested plan of action.
• Work with our VIP reporting system to uncover sales opportunities.
• 3+ years Distributor and/or Supplier experience
• Knowledge of key trade account buyers buying and promotional practices and operational procedures.
• Working knowledge of wine/spirits from world’s major viticulture regions.
• Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Computer proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• High Energy with the ability to execute 3-4 ride withs per week.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the highest level of integrity.
• Must be able to work some nights and weekends depending on key activity commitments.
• Able to occasionally lift and carry up to 45 lbs
Please provide at least 2 references and salary requirements