Director of Sales - South
The primary focus of the Director of Sales - South is achieving company profit, distribution and volume goals by working directly with the key accounts throughout the region as well as working with key Distributor personnel. The Director of Sales - South is expected to travel extensively to oversee and manage accounts and distributors in the territory. The primary states include TX, CO, OK, AR, LA, and NM and is supported by a network of brokers in some areas. There will be one Area Manager reporting into this position and will cover TX as well as other states.
Essential Job Functions:
• Conduct meetings to present annual goals, manage those goals monthly.
• Manage depletions through specific channels of trade including On-premise accounts, Chains,
• Responsible for achieving annual case goals and profit objectives
• Managing all financial responsibility for the region including, an annual P & L budget, DA spending, promotional, incentive budgets along with a full T & E budget.
• Management of distributors including regional budgets, inventory, goals and allocations
• Develop distributor sales incentive programs, negotiate pricing/programming, educate and train
• Key Account rapport and selling
• Work each market throughout the region with distributor personnel as well as independently
• Develop and maintain a target account list for both on and off premise accounts
• Conduct wine dinners, retail tastings, trade shows, and distributor meetings / education when necessary
• Develop relationships with all chain buyers located within the region
• Present our wines at sales meetings, tastings, wine dinners, etc.
Minimum of 3 – 5 years of distributor management and/or wine supplier experience in selling wine,
building brands and calling on customers (please do not apply otherwise).
Chain Account relationships and experience are a significant asset.
College Degree (preferred).
Excellent wine knowledge with a focus on wines from our assorted countries.
Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
Possess excellent planning/ organizational skills with the ability to work independently
Candidate must be professional, focused, goal oriented, and demonstrate a high level of integrity.
Requires strong computer skills with Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, Internet navigation.
Current valid driver license with clean driving record.
Ability to lift / carry up to 50 pounds.
This position reports to the Vice President of National Sales
Preferred base location for a home office would be in Dallas, Texas.