This part-time hourly position is for the Bookkeeper and is responsible for all typical winery bookkeeping duties and will provide important financial information to the Company. Our Bookkeeper will perform day to day bookkeeping functions and provide administrative and data support for our sale channels.
The Crocker & Starr Bookkeeper must be highly organized and have a successful bookkeeping track record, preferably in the wine industry. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of QuickBooks. Our Bookkeeper will take an active role in finding ways to maintain or lessen company costs and increase efficiencies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas.
• Manages QuickBooks and maintains organized Chart of Accounts
• Executes and reconciles general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable
• Provide payroll information to ADP
• Verifies DTT orders, process will call requests to fulfillment center, confirmed orders process immediately to QuickBooks.
• Responsible for A/R collections.
• Daily (or weekly depending on the activity) POS downloads from Vin65 to QuickBooks
• Accounts payable, print checks, mail, avoid late fees
• Bank Reconciliation monthly
• Reconciles petty cash
• Weekly inventory downloads from QB to excel for Sales Team
• Work with CPA for general ledger entries, PnL and Balance sheet prep for partner meetings.
• Calculate & book monthly COGS by channel
• Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules
• Assist compliance specialist with OOS and CA state licenses
• Liaison to company’s external services providers (payroll, insurance, tax, compliance).
• Assist Executive Director in preparation of company budgets and forecasts Support/perform monthly metrics and dashboard close process
• Organizes and provides information to tax accountant
• Assist with DTC orders during company's annual Carnivus Maximus Sunday of Labor day weekend.
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES
• Accuracy and strong attention to detail
• Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills Commitment to excellence and high standards, highly accountable
• Expert knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel, Word, online banking, Paypal pro
• Excellent computer skills
• Strong working knowledge of CRM software (Vin65 a bonus), B2C and B2B
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow for multiple projects
• Stay current with sales tax rates
• Ability to work under pressure or deadlines
• Good judgment. Able to make timely and sound decisions.
• Facilitate a team mentality, enthusiasm for team activities
• Respectful and mature
• Able to represent Crocker & Starr with professional demeanor, appearance, and attitude
• Sense of humor
College Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent. Minimum four years of (winery preferred) full-charge bookkeeping experience. Expert user and knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel mandatory.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to:
• Sit for prolonged periods, working on the computer
• Calculate figures and numbers
• Gather and analyze financial and other data
• Able to lift 40 pounds
• Wage will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.