The Rutherford Wine Company is searching for an experienced Regional Sales Manager. This position is responsible for managing our business in the South Atlantic Region (FL, GA, AL, MS). To ensure annual case volume and profit goals are achieved. This role will interact with all levels of distributor management and all channels of the retail trade. An in-depth knowledge of pricing, promotion and profit must be demonstrated and be consistent with company guidelines and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Achieve annual regional shipment, depletion and profitability goals.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining and a strong relationship with all levels of distributor management personnel. Providing clear goals and keeping management on track.
• Continually develop and maintain strong relationships with key accounts.
• Maintain communication channel with Sales and Marketing VP and Winery Management.
• Establish distributor sales and distribution goals by channel
• Create and manage distributor programming, pricing and promotional budgets.
• Conduct formal distributor business reviews.
• Conduct wine tastings, customer and trade wine education events.
• Regularly analyze sales to seek sales opportunities or develop solutions.
• Review, code and approve distributor bill backs charges.
• Work with A/R to manage accounts receivable for each distributor.
• Develop annual regional business plans and operating budgets.
• Review monthly budget reports for accuracy.
• Provide monthly written regional market and industry updates.
• 10 years industry related sales and marketing experience.
• Proven record of successful sales and brand development.
• Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of distributor management and sales.
• B.S. or B.A. degree
• Knowledge and understanding of AC Nielsen and/or IRI Data.
• Must have a high level of wine knowledge.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Strong English communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to manage time effectively and handle multiple projects.
• Ability to follow oral and written directions; work well under pressure and time limits.
• Willing to provide feedback to supervisors.
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with other staff members, vendors, customers, government agencies/personnel, and/or the public.
• Requires independent problem solving and the ability to work with others on a constant basis.
Rutherford Wine Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the high volume of applications received we regret that we are unable to reply to all inquiries about this position.