Acting on own initiative, the Sales Manager is responsible for meeting company objectives and sales goals while maintaining strong distributor relationships and customer interactions within the local market.
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Sales.
• Promotes and sells all Brotherhood brands to meet company sales goals, while also identifying sources of new business opportunities
• Develops effective distributor objectives based on plan, monitors and measures performance versus goals, communicates set objectives and priorities to distributor partners
• Develops and maintains key account and target lists; develops relationships at top level accounts both individually as well as with the distributor partners
• Executes assigned programs as directed and, upon approval, introduces creative programs based on market needs and conditions
• Follows pricing policies that capitalize on market opportunities while delivering company profitability
• Schedules and leads effective distributor sales meetings involving all levels of management; coordinates monthly meetings with distributor sales teams
• Coordinates tracking reports with distributors based on agreed upon goals, tracks programs, and ensures solid program execution
• Submits required reports and expenses in a timely manner, meets all prescribed deadlines
• Ensures accuracy and completion of new client paperwork
• Manages point of sale (POS) and marketing materials needed for accounts; orders sales tools to ensure a timely and effective market execution
• Assists with Vice President in quarterly business reviews with distributors
• Conducts wine tastings, fund raisers, trade shows and other wine events for and with distributors
• Monitors inventory and shipment levels to ensure depletion and profit goals are achieved
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, or related field strongly preferred
• 3-5 years combined experience with wine suppliers and/or distributors in selling wines, building brands, and customer relations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Market knowledge, distributor relationship building and management skills, excellent verbal and written communication
• Strong presentation, analytical, planning, organizational, merchandising, and negotiation skills
• Ability to successfully execute sales plans and marketing strategies
• Ability to understand and apply market intelligence to sales strategy; read and evaluate sales and marketing reports, analysis, and trends
• Ability to stay current with company brands, programs, initiatives, policies, and procedures as well as products offered by the company's competition
• Genuine and persuasive presence to influence decision-makers
• Knowledge of wine and wine industry required
• Basic computer knowledge required
• Valid Driver's License required
• Requires ability to travel frequently and flexibility in schedule to work evenings and weekends as needed
• This is a remote position that requires working out of a home office
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
Management reserves the right to add to or change the duties of the position at any time at its discretion.
Brotherhood Winery offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision) with shared participation. Additional benefits include 401(k), paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays. Other benefits include life insurance, health savings account, supplemental insurance, phone and car allowance.
Brotherhood Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.