The Production Operations Manager is the lead consultant and project manager for all print and production projects. This position manages and drives Point Of Purchase (P.O.P) or Point of Sale (P.O.S) program production, assuring that materials are delivered on time, on-budget and at quality execution. This includes direct responsibility of adherence to brand standards, primary contact for print and production expertise and managment of RFP & rsquo;s and bids. This position is responsible for evaluating client and company challenges, defining and offering smart solutions.
• Understands, communicates, and shares Company vision throughout division/organization and provides cross-functional perspective, direction, and support
• Provides leadership and personal support; leads by example
• Drives Company focus, manages culture, encourages strong work ethic, and fosters an environment of trust and respect
• Communicates and supports Company policies and decisions in a positive manner
• Handles employee issues, concerns, and complaints in an objective and confidential manner
• Provides employees with a safe, comfortable, and rewarding work environment
• Ensure strict adherence for all creative materials prior to final delivery; including proofreading, files within spec and appropriate approvals secured
• Maintain project files and archive final creative materials according to internal Assets policy
• Ensure brand standards are maintained for every project
• Hold weekly production meetings, and additional project specific meetings focused on communication of key deliverables, timelines, milestones and the presentation of creative assets with key stakeholders.
• Manage production of :
• Designated print programs from file release through to delivery.
• National POS and Regional POS projects through to completion.
• Display, merchandise and other POS tools through delivery.
• Collaborate with creative services and outside agencies to develop specifications and consistently communicate schedules.
• Provide scope of work and project estimates for client approval, bidding pieces out as needed.
• Maintain relationships with P.O.P and P.O.S agencies, outside Print vendors and other creative resources as needed.
• Attend and lead press checks for POS and displays; provide feedback as required.
• Track and manage project schedules from initiation through to due date.
• Manage the routing and necessary approvals on all mechanical art, prior to release for production.
• Manage schedules to ensure all deliverables are on time, within budget and executed at the highest level of quality.
• Work within project management systems and tools, ensuring complete and accurate project records.
• Support and cultivate the client experience within production and facilitate procedural improvements to meet the needs of the business.
• Build strong relationships with internal clients and external partners based on thorough planning, timely and professional communication, and intelligent problem solving.
• Collaborate with key cross-functional teams to evaluate programs and marketing efficiency.
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
• BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business Adminstration, Project Management or comparable discipline
• Minimum 5 years' experience in a Project Management and Print Production role preferred
• Wine/Beverage Industry experience desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Clear understanding of the creative process and an appreciation for quality execution.
• Extremely strong project management skills.
• Ability to intrepret and communicate design concept ideas
• Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects, stakeholders and team members simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, while delivering measurable results.
• Problem solver who anticipates and circumvents obstacles; seeks efficiencies; is responsive.
• Ability to identify causes of issues/problems; adjust work procedures to changing needs.
• Expert in current print technologies and substrates with proven ability to demonstrate best practices in print.
• Proven ability to lead and motivate a team.
• Ability to review files for, links, fonts, size & color in Adobe programs
• Experience with creative projects to ensure brand standards are maintained.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with peers, management and cross-functional teams at all levels.
• Strong budget management skills.
• Extremely proactive, detail-oriented and organized.
• Strong eye for color and ability to make visual recommendations.
• Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; interest in using technology to improve work efficiency.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and content management systems/databases.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and file transfer protocols.
• Some travel required.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Wines offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include