To aid us in a transitional period, we are looking for a qualified candidate to handle Senior Controller duties (70%) and Estate Director duties (30%) in a newly created position for a small Napa Valley wine brand.
In this position, you will play a key leadership role in financial decisions, will be representing the company publicly, and will also be instrumental for the internal collaboration between various departments (Sales, Vineyard, Winemaking and Office/HR).
This is a great opportunity to be involved with a new and progressive small production Napa wine brand with excellent growth potential and chance to tailor the position further in the future.
Senior Controller Duties:
* Assist in managing financial strategies; ensure that the financial information is prepared in strict adherence with US GAAP
* Overall expense management and invoice approval
* Oversee the capital request and assist in development of annual budget
* Oversee adequate cash flow to meet the company's needs
* Coordinate, prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for owner
* Manage the development of quarterly forecast
* Present fixed asset listing as received by outside CFO
* Assist in monitoring progress on capital projects
* Assist in accounting for vineyard new development; track construction in progress, account and monitor capitalization of blocks not in production
* Bank statement reconciliations
* Analyze and prepare COG's and costing of inventory
* Record intercompany accounting transactions as deemed necessary
* Prepare and post journal entries
* Assist in the preparation of sales tax returns and annual property tax returns
* Assist with credit card processing and maintenance
* Coordinates yearly financial review with CPA and assists in preparing items needed for yearly tax returns:
- Accrual Basis Financials
- Account Detail
- Inventory Costing Workbook including annual bulk and cased wine roll forward
- Book Asset Reports
Estate Director Duties:
* Advise in setting the company's strategy and direction
* Assist in developing & building the company's culture
* Assist owner with future investments and business prospects
* Provides guidance on employment decisions & management
* Serve as management liaison to owner; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters
* Primary point of contact for banking relationships and loans
* Represents company before outside agencies and official bodies
* Work with lawyer & consultants on business items:
- Use Permit items
- Legal items, trademarks, etc.
* Manage company direction in collaboration with ownership:
- Works with winemaker and vineyard manager on grape sales & contract management
- Collaborates with winemaker on custom crush matters & winemaking direction. Includes but not limited to production volume, SKU's, packaging, etc.
- Collaborates with Director of Sales on company strategy objectives and tasting room direction
This full-time position is based in Napa, CA and centered around our hillside Estates/office. This position will work closely with the Office Manager and reports directly to the Owner/Executive Assistant.
The right candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefit package.
We are eager to fill this position as soon as possible with an ideal start date of April 1, 2019.
Required Qualifications include:
* Strong accounting background, minimum of 5 years of experience
* Experience in budgeting and forecasting
* Ability to think creatively and strategically to implement optimal solutions
* Knowledge of Napa Valle/wine industry
* Attention to detail, organizational skills
* Strong communication and presentation skills