Seasonal Sugar Sampler
Grower Relations Field Supervisor
Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino, Lake, Monterey, Santa Barbara Counties
Collects grape berry and cluster samples from various vineyards for the purpose of measuring sugar (degrees brix) and delivers those samples to wine laboratories for analysis.
This position is a seasonal position hired only during the Vineyard Harvest Season (generally between mid-July through the end of October or early November).
• Collecting grape samples from a large variety of vineyards.
• Delivering samples to the local winery lab for analysis in a timely manner.
• Recording and reporting results of lab analyses to Field Supervisors/Grower Representatives.
• Previous sampling a plus as well as map reading abilities and local geographical knowledge.
• Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
• Must have own vehicle and clean DMV record.
• Good communication skills.
• Organizational skills.
• This position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop and kneel, and be able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours and must be willing to work the entire harvest season.
• Must be able to pass a physical, drug examination and show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described in the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. (Reasonable accommodation is defined as any modification or adjustment to a job or work environment that permits a qualified applicant or employee with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.)