If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
This position is responsible for providing Category Leadership capabilities for Circle K within the National Accounts Beer Division.
* Provide input into development of account specific category leadership strategy in partnership with Shopper & Guest Solutions Initiative and Channel Insights teams.
* Understand and communicate unique account dynamics to key stakeholders and recommended needed adjustments (tools, resources, approach, etc).
* Strengthen existing retailer relationships through continuous engagement with category management teams at the account providing strategic thinking and expertise in category leadership.
* Responsible for measuring, score carding and communication of account performance to leadership; ensuring outputs are clearly mapped to goals and purposes.
* Participate in "top to tops" and joint business planning meetings.
* Provide input to long-term strategy presentations.
* Provide Category Leadership Services team with visibility to upcoming project and work with team to allocate resources appropriately to efficiently complete the work in a timely manner.
* Ensure cross functional collaboration and alignment with other departments including BU sales teams, Innovation, Commercial Insights, National Sales, and Sales Strategy.
* Participate in activities that are aligned with department strategies and prioritized initiatives and category management opportunities.
* Ensure team organization, processes and tasks are structured and designed to deliver efficiently on clearly understood goals
* Bachelor's degree is required
* 2-3 years of sales, merchandising, or retail store management experience.
* 2-5 years of category management, consumer or shopper insights, or research experience which included the management of the entire category
* Proficient in the use of all category management software, concepts, analytical techniques; have a thorough understanding of syndicated data.
* Ability to travel by plane approximately 50%
* MBA or equivalent is preferred
* CPG category management preferred
* Ability to build strong relationships, initiate action and adjust to change are key attributes of this role
* Strong communication skills and ability to influence at all levels of the organization
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
* Must have close vision, distant vision, ability to adjust focus, peripheral and color vision.
* Must be able to work in an office environment primarily but periodically required to work in a warehouse environment with variable temperatures and lighting
* Should be able to lift 40 lbs. on occasion
Charlotte, North Carolina
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).