Our small, family run winery in St. Helena, CA is seeking the final team member to join us for harvest 2019.
Located in the heart of the Napa Valley we focus exclusively on high quality winemaking with fruit sourced from both our estate, and trusted growers around the Napa Valley, Sonoma Coast, and Mendocino County. We produce small lots of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, and various Rhone varieties. This is the internship for you if you are interested in producing more than just Cabernet in the Napa Valley.
As a member of our small team you will gain experience in a wide range of tasks associated with small lot winemaking. Most work will be completed at the estate, and it is always our goal to produce both a safe and fun harvest environment.
Please expect to work 10+ hours a day, six days a week during our peak season. All of our tanks are set with an automated pump-over system. Lunch will be provided on our busiest working days. The employment period will be from mid-August to mid-November.
Duties and Responsibilities
Including but not limited to:
- Grape receiving and processing
- Cleaning bins, floors, sorting line, tanks, and general winery sanitation
- Pump operation
- Fermentation management – punch downs on small lots
- Barrel activities – washing, painting, rolling, lifting
- Vineyard sampling and analysis
- Prior harvest experience desired
- Ability to understand and comply with all safety requirements
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Effective communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Solid taste in music is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
Respond with a resume by clicking the “apply for this job” link. No phone calls, please.