Winebow Imports LLS, is a division of a prestigious importer and distributor of premium wines and craft spirits from around the world, seeking a Territory Manager for our LLS Portfolio which imports wines from Italy. This position will be based in Raleigh North Carolina and will be responsible for working the North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia markets. This position will report to the Mid-Atlantic Region Manager.
• Managing and achieving sales and distribution goals throughout North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia with our integrated and 3rd party distributors.
• Devoting 80% of time to sales and market activities, working with distributor sales reps, sales managers and calling on key accounts.
• Ensuring new distribution within a targeted account base both on and off premise.
• Working independently in the market, building on established account business while creating new relationships.
• Working certain nights per week and some weekends, visiting on premise accounts, hosting events and participating in tastings.
• Providing the Regional Manager with updates on sales accomplishments and activities.
• Assisting the Regional Manager in building, executing and reviewing quarterly programs.
• Conducting wine education seminars, sales meetings and portfolio tastings for distributor sales forces, members of the trade and consumers.
• Managing producer visits in the market and recapping these visits in a timely manner.
• Using the Diver application to review account sales and distribution activity, with a key focus on Performance to Goal depletions.
• Participating in and completing the mandated education requirements provided by Winebow.
Successful candidates will have:
• Three plus years of experience working as a salesperson/manager for a wholesale distributor or a supplier covering North Carolina and Virginia.
• Strong familiarity with Italian wine regions, producers and suppliers.
• Superior knowledge of on and off premise accounts in North Carolina and Virginia.
• Above average computer skills that include Microsoft Office and DI Diver application as well as other applicable computer programs.
• Strong writing/communication skills and ability to complete administrative requirements in a timely manner.
• Exceptional organizational skills to coordinate supplier/brand manager market visits, programs and events with a focus on high-end wine sales.
• Ability to regularly travel to remote markets, sales meetings and abroad as required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule depending upon the needs of your manager, distributors and customers.
• Ability to spend 80% of time on the road devoted to the company sales efforts.
• Ability to organize and manage the distribution of company point of sale, marketing and PR materials.
• Adaptability to change focus as needed depending on senior management direction.
• Familiarity with social media tools and their applications to selling fine wine.
Experience Level Required: 4-8 Years
Education Level Required: Associate's Degree