Under the general direction of management, the Part-Time Tasting Room Associate is responsible for efficiently and effectively promoting the sale of craft distilled spirits and non-spirits products through customer service and providing consumers with a meaningful on-site experience. All efforts are focused on attaining monthly sales goals while providing gracious hospitality to consumers and trade.
• Greets all visitors to the Tasting Room, pours distilled spirits for tasting, discusses spirits and responds to customer questions as appropriate.
• Ensures that every visitor enjoys their spirits or cocktail experience and leaves with a very high impression of our brand and products.
• Is knowledgeable about spirits, accurately describes our products and techniques, history, , and unique aspects of our brand.
• Effectively promotes and sells spirits and spirits club memberships to customers.
• Handles routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting of daily sales, and processing returns and discounts.
• Takes the initiative for self-development in the areas of our spirits, our company, general hospitality, and for acquiring effective sales techniques and acumen.
• Participates in company-sponsored educational and development opportunities.
• Maintains knowledge of current and new legal issues regarding craft distilled spirits tasting room operations.
• Participates and assists with special hospitality events that occur both offsite and at the distillery.
• Washes and polishes glassware for Tasting Room.
• Assists with display and pricing of retail items and spirits as needed.
• Represents distillery at outside functions as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
• Possesses or can develop solid knowledge of distilled spirits and the distillation process.
• Consistently demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and poise and tact in working with the public.
• Proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with diverse client group.
• Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
• Is flexible, can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Fluent in English
• Demonstrates ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
• Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience, basic to intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel preferred.
• Possesses one to two years prior related experience.
• Has high school diploma or GED; two to four year college degree preferred.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
• Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to effectively stock spirits, set-up and break down procedures, equipment, etc., and be able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.
• Ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
To apply, please respond with your resume and contact information.
Thank you for your interest.