We’re looking for a motivated, friendly wine fan to be an essential part of our thriving team.
• Interested in being a key member of the small, hands-on team running a boutique wine brand
• A customer-service pro who can ensure that every guest has a great experience in our downtown Healdsburg tasting room
• Excellent at creating relationships — not only with guests, but with fellow team members as well
• Equally great at working independently on assigned tasks and taking initiative when you spot something that needs attention
• Energized by the chance to execute quickly on new projects
• The founders of Cartograph, celebrating its 10th anniversary this year—check out our story, featured on our labels and at cartographwines.com
• The ones who handle every task from farming our estate vineyard to making wine to shipping it to customers all over the U.S.
• Focused on producing small lots (2,000 cases annually) of vineyard-designate cool-climate Pinot noir and dry Alsace-style whites
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Scheduling: Manage the tasting room staffing schedule, including setting up vacation and covering days off and meal breaks as needed; help behind the bar approximately two days per week
• Metrics: Assess daily tasting room metrics and develop monthly reports; track social media and provide monthly analysis; analyze monthly DTC sales goals
• Inventory management: Manage monthly inventory of tasting room supplies, wine, shipping materials and swag
• Outreach: Develop a monthly outreach plan; assess outreach metrics monthly, set up annual industry parties and holiday gift-giving; participate in monthly community meetings
• Shipping: Pack shipments, print labels, track deliveries, create monthly compliance reports
• General operations: Additional duties related to daily tasting room and DTC operations
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Proficiency in Google Docs, MS Word, Excel, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Trip Advisor, Yelp
• Experience with WineDirect software a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Skilled at working independently and as a member of various teams
• Sharp attention to detail
• Good judgment and the ability to make timely, sound decisions
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
• Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work on changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Able to work weekends and flexible schedules when needed
While performing the duties of this job, you are frequently required to do the following:
• Regularly lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, twist, bend and kneel
This is a full-time, exempt position with a competitive compensation structure, including an attractive bonus program, mobile phone stipend and medical benefits.