This position is responsible for supporting the Regional Sales Director to achieve sales volume, distribution, and pricing performance within assigned single or multi-state territory for all Folio wine brands. Responsible for directing and training distributor organizations to execute all aspects of Folio Fine Wine Partners sales and marketing programs within the assigned territory. Manage key accounts within the geography leading/influencing distributor field sales activity. Work in concert with distributor sales teams to activate company brand plans with frequent market inspection to identify opportunities and pinpoint areas of deficiency.
Business Management Execution (40%)
• Deliver on financial performance for the territory; analyze performance to address variances and ensure corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
• Recommend and implement effective pricing strategies, possess knowledge of pricing models, structures and discounting patterns.
• Lead creation and implementation of programming across distributor network. Develop, oversee and monitor sales and depletion goals within assigned territory to ensure annual plan achievement.
• Effectively manage and communicate distributor inventory levels across multiple markets maintaining par levels to ensure in-stock status and achievement of annual plan targets.
• Participate in distributor general sales and team meetings throughout territory.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with senior distributor management to inspire and influence important business issues.
• Work with key influencers to ensure alignment and execution of FFWP priorities.
• Conduct regular business reviews with distributor management throughout territory to include depletions, value, accounts sold, profitability and program ROI.
• Active involvement in annual top-to-top business reviews with key distributor partners.
Market Sales & Key Account Relationships (30%)
• Achieve sales plans by developing, cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with key buyers, leverage relationships to explore new business opportunities.
• Use internal and external resources to identify and target Top 50 accounts in territory that can make a difference in achieving sales goals for the key brands.
• Maintain/Review distributor master and key account contact list for the territory.
Supplier Market Work (15%)
• Maintain relationship with all FFWP suppliers that allows for transparent and collaborative discussion of any business issue.
• Ensure market tours are productive and effective use of supplier’s time, coordinate activities with distributor confirming dates and objectives are provided in a timely manner.
• Ensure proper inventory, programming, incentives are in place to support.
• Leadership (10%)
• Develop a strong team of leaders, improving current performance and encouraging and allowing for growth, development and innovation.
• Align everyone across the team with FFWP mission and vision, as well as Folio’s Culture.
• Cultivate cross department relationships to ensure cohesiveness, strong communication and alignment throughout the company allowing for exceptional business results.
• Actively develop your own Leadership style, knowledge and skillset.
• Provide feedback to Sales Leadership and Marketing on market issues, opportunities, changes, gaps, challenges and competitive activity.
• Ensure timely review and submission of distributor invoices, expense and market recap reporting. Adhere to T&E budgets.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining professional networks.
• Utilize Trade Pulse to understand brand health and needs; develop action plans for business opportunities to increase sales.
Education/Experience: College degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or other related discipline. Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience selling wines through multi-tiered distribution channels, including experience managing a distributor an budgets.
Skills: Must be an effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills, comfortable in front of large and small audiences. Must possess strong listening skills, and outstanding sales skills (follow-up, closing, overcoming objections). Good PC skills (Windows: Word/Excel). Must be a self starter, be able to juggle multiple situations, and able to work independently. Ability to learn and use effectively Folio’s reporting tools, to manage and plan business activities. Experience planning/coordinating events, and outstanding time management skills. Must possess a high level of integrity, be self-confident, have an excellent ability to build relationships. Understanding of the importance of providing outstanding customer service. Creative with a winning attitude, and the selling abilities of telling a story and influencing.
Knowledge: Passion for and extensive knowledge of Domestic and Import wines.
Physical: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends. Must be able to travel including overnight stays both domestic and international. Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
Other: Must have a valid Driver’s license in the state employed and must meet the Company’s automobile insurance requirements.
EOE. No Phone Calls. No Recruiters.