Brassfield Estate Winery is a hidden treasure located in the beautiful High Valley AVA, of Lake County. Remarkable for its cool marine breezes, volcanic soils, high elevations to almost 3,000 feet, High Valley AVA remains an unbeatable North Coast winegrowing region, which gives Brassfield Estate Winery a unique terroir for growing grapes perfectly ripened for our estate grown collection of wines. The beautiful scenery, wildlife, and manicured landscaping that lead you to our tasting room will have you feel as though you have stepped back into a remote part of history. We believe in providing guests with a unique wine tasting experience while demonstrating the highest standards of courtesy and hospitality. This position is a perfect position for someone who wants to become an integral part of a small and dynamic team.
• Prepares the tasting room for daily opening and closing.
• Promotes the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the visitor center; acts as an informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, and wine vintages, availability of products and brand award and accolades.
• Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answers visitor’s questions about wines.
• Provides general tourist information to guests.
• Handles routine purchasing transactions (includes operating cash register and accounting of daily sales).
• Supports display and stocking of retail items and wines and hospitality at special events; participates in inventories.
• Understands and effectively communicates the Brand message.
• Processes phone orders and wine shipping orders in compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Checks identification as required by state regulation for serving alcoholic beverages.
• Recognizes the symptoms of intoxication and informs a manager.
• Represents the company and brand, professionally, graciously and enthusiastically.
• Required to multi-task with focus on detail and switch gears quickly.
• Effectively use our POS (WineDirect) to place orders
• Ability to ask for the sale
• Must dress professionally
• High-level customer service and communication skills
• Experience in the restaurant or wine industry helpful
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends
• Must be 21 years of age with a valid driver's license
• Must be able to stand for long periods and lift 40 lbs.
• Computer skills - Word and Excel
• This position requires obtaining Food Safety for Food Handlers certification within the first month of hire date.
The salary for this full-time position is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Comprehensive benefits package includes company sponsored medical, vision & dental coverage, paid holidays, vacations, sick time, and employee discounts.