The Winery & Donor Development Manager for Sonoma County Vintners (SCV) plays a central role in the development, success and growth of Sonoma County Wine Auctions produced by SCV / SCVF. This position cultivates winery and donor engagement, secures auction lots for sale, and assists with developing relationships and enhanced communication with the wine trade and potential consumer and corporate donors. This position works closely with all SCV / SCVF staff and reports directly to the Auction Managing Director. In addition, this position will assist in developing key donor/donation acquisition strategies and provide budget, goals & objectives and program evaluation support.
The ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with internal and external partners, donors and wineries in a professional, courteous, and detailed manner is essential. The candidate selected for this position must possess strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, provide excellent customer service and strong attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
(90%) Winery & Donor Relations / Lot Solicitation and Acquisition
• Work with Auction Managing Director to develop and activate winery / donor relations strategy, focusing on cultivating and securing auction lot donations.
• Work with team members, committee members, event chairs and others to identify potential auction donors (past and new) and recruit their participation and donations.
• Assist Managing Director with developing and managing auction budgets to support events, ensuring strategic alignment with SCV / SCVF long-term goals and objectives.
• Develop and oversee Auction Lot Committee, committee meeting organization and scheduling.
• Assist with winery / donor activation and logistics for auction related events, promotional tours and other related programing including day of event logistics.
• Manage donor acknowledgment; follow up, evaluations, thank you communications and surveys.
• Assist with auction lot and buyer fulfillment, customer service and hospitality.
• Develop and manage donor database.
(10%) Additional Responsibilities
• Participate is all SCV Staff and team building meetings.
• Participate in SCV / SCVF Board of Directors meetings when requested.
• Participate and assist with all SCV related events / activities as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent education and experience.
• 3-5+ years wine industry experience; trade relations, customer service, hospitality/event or other wine related programs.
• Experience as Development Director or Auction experience a plus.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
• Must possess high initiative and be a self-starter
• Strong attention to customer service
• Strong verbal & written communication skills
• Experience managing and working with budgets
• Excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills required
• Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast paced environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Valid driver's license
• This position has no direct reports.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires sitting, talking on the phone and keyboard documentation. This job must use ergonomic tools such as headsets and correct posture. Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs.