Sterling Vineyards was founded in 1964, and quickly became a top Napa Valley wine producer. Modeled after a Greek monastery, Sterling Vineyards was built with the visitor in mind and is the only winery in the world with an aerial tram. Today, Sterling is one of the most visited wineries in Napa Valley and, under Treasury Wine Estates, part of the one of the world's most exciting wine companies. This provides immense opportunity for working with top-quality grapes and crafting world-class wines. 2018 was quite an exciting year for Sterling, as the official wine of the Emmy Awards and receiving some excellent scores, and we cannot wait to see what 2019 will bring!
Sterling Vineyards seeks enthusiastic Harvest Cellar Interns for the 2019 Harvest. A seasonal hourly opening, the position extends from late July through December 2019.
Join us at Sterling in our new, state of the art, Reserve Winery! As a Harvest Cellar Intern, you will work directly with the Cellar Supervisor and Winemaking Team to gain an understanding of all harvest operations and work with over 12 different varietals. Come join our energetic and passionate team for Harvest 2019!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for performing a variety of cellar operations including but not limited to:
• Grape receiving activities
• Wine/must movements and additions
• Cap management practices (punch-downs)
• Fermentation monitoring
• Barrel activities (filling/racking/topping)
• Equipment and tank sanitation
• Wine sampling, tastings where possible
• Other tasks as necessary
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid California Driver's License and clean DMV record required
• Must be 21 years of age
• Ability to work both independently and as a dynamic, contributing team member in a fast-paced environment
• Positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and willingness to work long hours inside or outside
• Ability to perform the physical labor is necessary, including the ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
• Forklift driving helpful but not required
• Previous winery experience is desired, but not required.
• Good reading, writing, and math skills preferred, computer skills or relevant coursework a bonus
• Ability to speak Spanish is desired, but not required
Wage information: Hourly including overtime, rate DOE
Please apply with resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org