Suisun Valley Vintners & Growers Association (SVVGA) is a small North Coast grape growers association in the Suisun Valley AVA. The SVVGA is looking to hire a liaison and event coordinator. This is a part-time contract hire position. The liaison would help the Marketing Chair of the Board of Directors execute a minimum of three Suisun Valley events and assist the chair in all things needed to successfully run the Marketing Committee. To be successful in this position, candidates should be organized, self-motivated and friendly as well as possess the appropriate skill set needed to foster positive relationships within the SVVGA’s membership.
Under the supervision of the SVVGA Marketing Committee Chair, the Marketing Committee Liaison will help execute the purpose of the Marketing Committee. In general, the Liaison is responsible for everything to do with the day to day communication and event planning surrounding Suisun Valley Vintners & Growers Association’s Marketing Committee.
• Work directly with Marketing Committee Chair to support marketing efforts for SVVGA
• Organize, execute, and attend all SVVGA Marketing Committee events
• Welcome and assist new SVVGA Marketing Affiliate Members
• Communicate with membership using all forms of communication including on-site visitation
• Collaborate with Marketing Committee Chair to create meeting agendas and materials
• Attend monthly Marketing Committee membership meetings
• Work with web management company to keep websites current regarding members and member’s events
• Assist with email list management, email blasts, and newsletters
• Maintain and update website event database in regards to all SVVGA organized events
• Field incoming emails and social media messages
• Must be able to provide your own transportation, email access, and cell phone.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point and Publisher)
• Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
• Understanding of Google Analytics along with the ability to generate reports and interpret metrics a plus
• Knowledge of the wine industry is preferred but not required
• Self motivated
• Detail oriented, exceptional time management skills, organized and good at multi-tasking
• Excellent vocabulary, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• A positive, enthusiastic team player who is able to balance constantly-changing priorities