Customer Service Specialist
Nature and Scope
The role involves working with the Operations Manager to efficiently handle sales orders, inventory flow and general administrative tasks.
It requires a very friendly and pleasant phone manner, attention to detail and ability to work well with minimal supervision.
The role is based at the OBC head office in Napa Valley.
The position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
The role can be divided into four key objectives:
1. To provide and maintain OBC’s standard of superior customer service
2. To efficiently process all sales orders and assist Sales Directors and Distributors with any queries regarding said orders.
3. To communicate effectively with OBC staff and customers regarding order status, inventory availability and pricing.
4. To support and assist the Operations Manage and Administration Team through a variety of tasks.
1. Order Entry
• Confirm all purchase orders with Sales Directors
• Check purchase orders for accuracy
• Promptly process all purchase orders (Distributor, Consumer and Samples)
• Liaise with Sales Directors, Distributors and warehouse regarding all orders
• Ship and invoice orders daily
• Check BOL to PO after shipping
• Monthly filing of orders/invoices
• Coordinate wine deliveries into office
2. Mail & Shipping
• Prepare mailing of invoices to distributors and consumers
• Pack wine for samples and consumer orders
• Prepare and pack marketing material orders for assigned Sales Reps
3. General Operations
• Assist with maintaining cellar inventory & shipping supplies
• Type memos, correspondence, reports and other documents
• Assist Operations Manager with inventory and allocations
• Assists with special projects as needed
• Assist with building and office maintenance
• Assist Sales Directors with reports
Maintain inventory and accounting of marketing materials
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to move cases of wine weighing up to 45 pounds.
• Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
The successful applicant will be self-motivated, able to work in a dynamic team environment, have the ability to ‘think outside the box’, be a proficient problem solver and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. A sound understanding of information system skills, including the following is desirable:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
A High School diploma and some college coursework is preferred
Wine Industry experience is desired
Benefits include : Paid Vacation and Sick time, Medical Insurance, 401K, Employee wine purchase discounts, voluntary dental insurance plan available
Work days are Monday - Friday
Please send Resume and References
No Calls or Recruiters