Larkmead Vineyards is seeking a full-time Administrative professional to join our team.
The hours for the position are M-F 9:00am to 5:30pm
The candidate will, under general supervision and acting on own initiative, perform diverse duties of routine and non-routine nature in administrative support of the VP, Admin & Finance (“VP”) and the business of the Winery. Assignments will involve complex work as a position player within the organization.
The position will require typical administrative functions in filing, answering telephones, correspondence by email using Outlook as well as providing support to the CEO and the VP in preparing materials, organizing meetings, creating reports, etc.
Other essential duties include but are not limited to:
• Special projects such as gathering documents from offsite storage, assisting another department with small inventory movement requiring travel to American Canyon, helping the CEO with routine IT questions at the house on property
• Routine daily inbound and outbound mail and dissemination of invoices to appropriate managers.
• Assist with creating inventory forms when needed as a proxy for the Distribution channel.
• Work to create further organization of company files, licenses, certificates
• Assist with improving the internal administrative structure.
• Assist in answering phones, routing calls and making reservations for the Hospitality department
• Assist in taking phone orders and input of orders
• Works closely with all winery departments
• Follows up on outstanding issues to ensure response/actions are completed as required
• Assist the Hospitality team with Members that may need to be greeted and provided their pick-up order.
• Work with the Safety Coordinator to help ensure that our safety updates are being managed and documents
• Assist with onsite Inventory counting when needed
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
• 3+ years’ experience
• Associates degree
• Highly skilled in computer applications with a strong knowledge of MS Office, specifically Outlook and Excel
• At minimum, and average understanding of IT in general to assist with trouble shooting routine computer issues.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment: computer, copier/scanner, fax, phone
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, activities, priorities, and schedules (managers and own)
• Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and, respects and supports good business ethics
• Must have a high level of professionalism and emotional maturity and able to maintain a positive attitude under all circumstances
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to drive as needed.
Essential Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner at all times, is frequently required to talk , see and hear, stand, sit for long periods, walk, climb ladders, bend, taste, smell, use hands, reach with hands and arms, pull, push, grasp, stoop, and lift and carry items up to 50 pounds.
The noise level in the office is usually quiet to moderate. The office has other administrative team members working in the same area, must be able to work in close proximity to others that may also be working/talking. Work may occasionally require walking the property including gardens, vineyards, or kitchen, where there can be more noise and exposure to weather elements.
Larkmead offers a competitive compensations structure. The hourly wage of this position will ultimately be based on the candidates experience. Larkmead also offers a comprehensive benefits program with employer paid health and dental insurances. We also offer vision insurance, an FSA program and a company matching program for the 401k plan.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this role. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.