Silverado Farming Company is a premiere vineyard management company located in the city of Napa. We employee over four hundred employees a year and are passionate about providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees.
To help with our growing needs we are recruiting for a recently created a position, Director of Human Resources. The Human resources Director is responsible for developing, updating and implementing company personnel policies and procedures. They oversee the company wide safety program including the implementation of the IIPP program, the pesticide safety program and managing workers compensation. The Human Resource Director is in charge of developing and implementing personnel recruitment and hiring policies including managing the job performance evaluation process and ensuring we are complying with all labor laws. This job requires the Human Resources Director to be active in the field interacting with and supervising employees several days a week. The Human Resource Director will oversee and be responsible for payroll legal compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Managing the performance evaluation process
• Managing and implementing new hire compliance and training
• Managing and ensuring payroll is completed timely and compliant with all Federal and State Laws
• Investigation of all accidents and implementation of corrective actions
• Communication and follow up with Workers Compensation Carrier to ensure cases are closed quickly
• Work with all employees to ensure a healthy, safe work place. Listen to any employee complaints, investigate situations, and make suggestion to management team on corrective actions needed.
• Create all employee training programs for both safety, and supervision. Bring new training opportunities to company president to continue to keep Silverado in the leading position as the most progressive vineyard management company in the area.
Supervisor of the payroll manager and payroll clerk
• Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree preferred or additional industry certifications.
• Agricultural or wine industry background preferred.
• Bilingual and Bicultural English & Spanish.
• Minimum of 5+ years of progressively responsible HR experience
• Practical knowledge of all pertinent HR and payroll-related laws including but not limited to California Wage Order 14, MSPA, ERISA, COBRA, HIPPA and FMLA.
• Ability to take direction; work harmoniously with coworkers, clients and vendors.
• Computer Literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English. Ability to perform both written and oral translations proficiently.
• Must be capable of lifting up to 25 pounds up and over their head.
• Must have a valid California class C driver’s License with a clean driving record, be insurable by the company and be able to operate a motor vehicle safely.
Silverado Farming Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive wages, company paid health care benefits, vacation, paid holiday and an IRA with company match. Interested candidate can email cover letter including salary requirement with their resume. No Phone Calls.