We are looking to add to our team! Martinelli Winery & Vineyards, a family-owned estate winery specializing in small lot wines from our vineyards in the Russian River Valley and Sonoma Coast is seeking a hospitality-centric, organized, friendly and diligent Tasting Room & Hospitality Manager.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and experienced individual who possesses a strong knowledge of the Direct-to-Consumer sales channel, the retail environment, believes in customer-centric service, able to positively manage and motivate a team to meet sales targets, strategize to maximize opportunities, uphold and demonstrate the Brand’s core values and inspire positive performance.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the tasting room and winery events, including but not limited to, staff scheduling, inventory, supply management, staff training, and coaching, and leading communication with the department.
• Lead hospitality events including the planning and execution of all winery guest experiences.
• Positively able tolLead staff in daily operational functions, while also focusing on customer service, providing a memorable guest experience while managing a team to achieve business goals and objectives.
• Financial management, tracking budget to actual performance against key tasting room metrics (visitor traffic, sales, list acquisition, etc.) and understanding of the inter- relationship of these metrics to the overall department and company performance.
• Develop new, while improving current consumer experiences that promote the winery’s assets, brand values and contribute to overall guest satisfaction and brand affinity.
• Develop training programs and on-going education for staff and new hires.
• Strong interpersonal skills and wine knowledge.
• Ability to maintain composure in unpredictable situations and handle effectively.
• 5 years’ minimum experience in DTC wine industry, retail or hospitality management
• 4 years' minimum experience directly managing staff
• Understanding of winemaking, ability to educate and inform others
• Friendly, Enthusiastic demeanor and Professional appearance
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills, people management, and customer service skills
• Administratively strong, organized and punctual
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and POS systems
• Must be capable of working independently while managing multiple tasks at once
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Comfortable speaking in front of both small and large groups
• Winedirect system knowledge a plus
• TIPS and CA Food Handler Certifications preferred, but not required
• Must be able to lift and maneuver wine cases up to 50 lbs repetitively.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Flexible schedule: Weekend, holiday and occasional evening work is required.
• 21 years of age or older.
• Full time and Benefits, 401K (after 1 year) and Bonus Plan
• Competitive compensation based on experience
Martinelli Vineyard Management provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.