“We have yet to make our best bottle of wine.” This philosophy of constant improvement at Silver Oak and Twomey applies to everyone and everything we do, from grape to glass, production to sales and marketing. We live and breathe a company culture focused on a healthy work-life balance, positive thinking, collaboration, going above and beyond, education, safety and a sense of curiosity. Working at Silver Oak and Twomey comes with many benefits, but none as great as coming to work and feeling valued as a member of the family. Full time employment offers a competitive benefit and healthcare package; and of course, the wine country lifestyle!
Who are we looking for? Someone who is passionate, self-motivated, trustworthy, customer-focused and ready to work hard for an amazing company!
Silver Oak & Twomey Cellars is recruiting for a Northwest Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to join our Wholesale team. We are specifically looking for candidates who live in the territory, in Portland or Seattle, with current account relationships in the Fine Wine Market. A preference for National Account experience is preferred. The RSM position will cover the Northwest territory to further develop our business, maintain existing relationships/accounts and meet sales goals. The Northwest territory spans seven states: WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, AK, and HI. In addition to the Northwest territory states, this position will also help cover the Western territory during a family medical leave. The Western territory is five states, NV, UT, CO, AZ and NM.
Field Work (80%)
• Target and develop new business for the company
• Continually develop new accounts while maintaining existing relationships with key accounts
• Call on accounts with distributors’ sales force and independently
• Manage and work with distributors and their sales reps to achieve volume and new placement goals
• Work with distributor to manage pricing, programming, and inventory
• Conduct brand education regarding our wines and company story
• Conduct wine tastings, trade events and wine dinners for consumers, often on weekends and evenings
• Participate in sales meetings and business reviews
• Optimal use of resources provided by the winery
Administrative Work (20%)
• Manage and forecast sales and budgets and meet quarterly sales targets
• Regularly report on sales progress and distribution initiatives
• Analyze sales information to implement Silver Oak and Twomey brand strategies and objectives
• Maintain regular communications with inside sales team and sales management
• Provide same day response to customer and company communications
• Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years of related work experience.
• Wine industry experience preferred.
• Impeccable professional conduct, integrity and reliability
• Highly-motivated, self-starting individual with superb time management skills and a positive attitude who can work independently or as part of a team
• Excellent managerial and selling skills. Experience managing supplier relations with wholesalers at sales staff and management levels
• Ability and desire to travel frequently within territory for meetings, market visits, presentations and market support
• Objective oriented, focused, and assertive individual who can meet and exceed sales targets
• Existing contacts and strong relationships with key on and off-premise accounts
• Demonstrated success in business development and increasing case volume
• Persuasive public speaking and presentation skills, ability to make effective group presentations.
• Professional approach and demeanor
• Strong business writing and mathematical skills
• Proven ability to track details and manage information
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
• Strong computer skills
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Extensive weekly travel within the territory
• Positive, self-starter, proactive and responsive
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information
• Understand and respond to a diverse population.
• Lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, including a briefcase and/or sales materials.
• In most territories, travel is required by car. A clean DMV record is required.
• Works in an office setting
• Travel necessary in multiple modes
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.