Medlock Ames produces world-class wines from 100% estate-grown, organic grapes from the Bell Mountain Vineyard which straddles Alexander Valley and the Russian River Valley. Our 55 acres of vineyards are farmed organically and the winemaking is powered by solar energy. Dedicated to sustainability, the preservation of the land is at the core of all we do, which comes through in our award-winning wines. Our tasting room and ranch are both located in Healdsburg.
This is a dynamic role, with potential for growth, for an intellectually-curious individual looking to expand their experience in the wine industry. You will wear several hats and touch all aspects of our operations as a key business partner working closely with the President. This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week that will manage bookkeeping, financial management, inventory oversight, compliance and financial reporting along with HR and administrative duties to support the financial and sales functions of our growing company. Being a team player and problem-solver is a must.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following, but not limited to:
• Primary point person for all financial transactions.
• Oversee and maintain all accounting activities including journey entry and GL account reconciliation.
• Manage all cash accounts; monitor cash needs; manage all cash transactions well as all credit card statements.
• Manage all Accounts Payable including all invoice approvals, processing and reconciliations. Provide insight to improvement across cost centers and manage negotiations to reduce contractual spends.
• Oversee all Accounts Receivable including invoicing for wholesale distribution & custom crush. Prepare bank deposits and make weekly bank runs
• Prepares monthly consolidated P&L’s and related reporting. Perform monthly financial close; cash management, finished goods inventory tracking and reconciliation; preparation of bank reconciliations.
• Oversee payroll system and ensure all payroll is made accurately and timely including tracking of PTO, payroll taxes and submissions, and any applicable deductions.
• Develop and maintain monthly inventory and sales performance reports, including reconciliations
• Support wine costing analysis and ensure it flows through all financial systems and reports
• Create and maintain EOM financials, sales performance, and other reports that support our ability to quickly and effectively manage all aspects of our business.
• Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements
• Partner with Winemaking and Vineyard Management team to ensure accurate development of COGS that then and flow through all our systems for profitability reporting and analysis
• Provide data-driven insights to business performance along with recommendations so we can continually grow and improve our sales, financials, and operations.
General Business Support
• Oversee HR compliance and support team with all aspects of HR management, not limited to: maintaining confidential employee files, new hire onboarding, benefit administration, annual reviews and employee termination.
• Maintain a positive and productive working environment by ensuring all employee’s HR needs are addressed in a timely fashion
• Support the President in creating and maintaining annual departmental budgets along with evaluating and renewing all benefits programs annually
• Must be highly organized and able to work in a multi-task environment
• Understanding of General Accounting Practices and budget experience required.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of broad financial experience.
• Quick Books system experience preferred
• Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft office
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to prioritize, problem solve, and work independently.
• Flexible and team-player attitude with a desire to work in a growing and changing environment
• Wine industry experience is a plus but not required