The Bottling Controls Technician maintains the electrical and electronic aspects of bottling operations and provides technical capability to maximize production efficiency using PLC's (Programmable Logic Controllers).
* Improve bottling line efficiency through changes to automated controls
* Utilize technical skills in troubleshooting, adjusting, and repairing packaging machinery that demonstrates literacy and required sophistication to manage PLC environments as well as using mechanical aptitude to solve all mechanical and electrical problems in the bottling facility
* Assist mechanics with electrical problems
* Install and program electronic controls: i.e., VFD's, HMI's, PLC's
* Install and terminate wiring for new equipment
* Interface with vendors to maintain support network
* Provide support to production line staff to ensure efficient daily operational efficiencies are achieved.
* Responsible for understanding the ISO, Safety, & Quality Policy's
* Maintain backup programs of all PLC bottling line programs
* Keep current with the latest developments for bottling line control
* Train new PLC technicians
* Maintain spare parts inventory
* Ability to setup and modify parameters in vision inspection systems
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering Degree, or completion of at least two years post-secondary education, formal training in electrical theory, industrial controls, or equivalent combination of education and / or experience.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in bottling, labeling, and packaging equipment repairs, including maintenance of mechanical, bearings and shaft seals
* Network and/or electrical certifications are a plus
* Computer literacy in MS Office and integrated work order / inventory system.
* Experience reading and using equipment manuals, equipment drawings and electrical schematics to diagnose and resolve equipment problems
* Must have basic math skills and have ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide with the aid of a calculator. Basic computer skills required
* Should have an understand of basic production processes
* Strong electrical background, knowledge of Servos and VFD's
* Full knowledge of Allen Bradley controllers and programming software
* Must know ControlLogix/CompactLogix, PLC5, SLC 500, MicroLogix, Siemens and HMI (AB Panelview and Panelview Plus)
* Ability to perform changes to PLC and HMI programs (adding sub-systems and interfacing equipment)
* Ability to modify existing AutoCAD electrical drawings
* Ability to create electrical documentation
* Ability to write PLC and HMI programs for production equipment
* Knowledge of DeviceNet, Ethernet, DH+ and RS232.
* Ability to design and document electrical control wiring using AutoCAD
* Ability to create operational manuals for modified equipment
* Ability to design communication networks between PLC's and HMI's
* Ability to wire and terminate electrical controls and motors
* Ability to use computers running Windows OS
* Ability to use electrical meters
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be able to stand, walk, sit
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
* Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
* Climb or balance stairs/ladders
* Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
* Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision
* Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
* Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climates
* Works in high places
* Works on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
* Primary office environment may be warehouse/distribution setting
* Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).