Williams Selyem is a premium producer of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Zinfandel located in Healdsburg CA. The production team is hiring for a Harvest Enology Intern for the 2019 vintage.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of Harvest, Aging, and Bottling activities. Depending on the season, this position typically starts in early July and ends in December.
Candidates should be very organized, accurate, be able to efficiently multi-task. Successful interns have a good understanding of winemaking concepts, and have a positive attitude. Williams Selyem hires a diverse, enthusiastic group of interns who share a passion for wine and winemaking.
• Perform all in-house analyses with accuracy and precision. Should be familiar with all standard winery analysis such as Brix, pH, TA, CO2, VA, alcohol and enzymatic techniques for MA, G/F, NOPA and NH3.
• Collect wine and juice samples for tasting and analysis.
• Assist with grape maturity sampling and processing.
• Tank fermentation monitoring of Brix and temp.
• Making and standardizing reagents.
• Maintaining and calibrating all lab equipment.
• Data entry in excel and AMS.
• Generating reports from AMS and excel.
• Assist in growing and inoculating yeast and malolactic cultures.
• Assist with wine additions in tank and barrel.
• Assist with cellar tasks as needed including punch downs, topping, cleaning, etc.
• At least one harvest of lab experience and previous cellar experience is preferred.
• BS in Enology/Chemistry or equivalent experience.
• General knowledge of winemaking and viticulture
• Ability to climb, bend, stand for prolonged lengths of time, and be able to lift 50lbs.
• Ability to work long, flexible hours through busy harvest time.
• Candidates must be at least 21 years of age by start of internship.