Peju Winery is a family owned and operated winery located in Rutherford, in the heart of Napa Valley. Farming organically and sustainably, our estate-grown fruit develops into award winning wines that exhibit a graceful pairing of power and elegance. We are a Certified Green winery committed to protecting the environment, providing memorable experiences to our guests, and recruiting talented people that want to be paid for their contribution.
We have an exciting opportunity for a detail oriented person to join our Shipping and Receiving team to perform the duties of inventory control. This includes controlling, tracking and fulfilling shipping requests, inventory management, order processing and data entry in AMS. This position also works across other departments to resolve shipping issues and returns in a professional, pleasant and timely manner. The successful candidate should have a strong customer service demeaner and a positive attitude.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Order processing of Telephone, Tasting Room and Internet orders, including; entering and reviewing orders, identifying errors/problems and working with department team members to resolve guest issues
• Data Entry (transfers, no charges, returns)
• Handling order and shipping inquiries from TR and DTC staff
• Receiving wine and merchandise from our warehouse
• Inventory management between the Shipping Department and Tasting Room
• Organizing and cleaning shipping area
• Assist with shipping duties in the TR shipping area such as fulfilling Will Call orders, manual lifting, packaging, and taping
• Move controls, devices and levers to operate forklifts to transfer products as well as load and unload materials manually, off or on to pallets.
• Utilize small hand tools and operate material handling equipment including fork lifts, pick-up trucks, mail machines, skids, pallet handlers and hand trucks.
• 2 years of college, BA graduate preferred
• 2 years of experience in computerized shipping/order processing and warehouse
• Knowledge in Microsoft application; excel is a must.
• Experience with AMS is highly desired.
• Ability to work effectively with other departments and with external suppliers and build/enhance internal and external customer relationships
• Forklift Certified and a valid California driver’s license
• Operates independently and within a team
• Good organization and time management skills.
• Strong attention to detail, producing a high level of accurate results
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to solve problems in a creative and professional manner
• Working knowledge of UPS and FedEx Shipping systems, preferred
• Ability to learn new systems (AMS) and internal company procedures required.