Full Time Multiple Cellar Positions Available!
All cellar personal work under the direction of the Assistant Winemaker to execute daily basic and/or advanced cellar operations. The team is expected to work efficiently to meet wine quality expectations in a team work environment with some supervision.
Primary Job Duties:
• Executes daily basic cellar operations including wine transfers, empty barrel maintenance, additions, sampling and cleaning.
• May execute advanced cellar operations including presses, plate and frame, sweet spotter, and scissor lift with minimal guidance.
• Works within the expectations of the company to meet wine quality, efficiently, and safety standards at all times, including active participation in meetings.
• Provides input and learns SOPs for all cellar operations.
• Reads and carries out winemaking requests and work orders with guidance.
• Safely performs forklift operations such as moving barrels and case goods if has experience. We are willing the train the right person on the forklift.
• During harvest may be asked to execute pumpovers and punchdowns per work orders.
• Barrel topping and stirring per work orders
• Supervise and train seasonal help.
• Executes pre bottling operations to ensure wine is bottle ready.
• Occasional work on the bottling line.
• Perform additional work and other wine production activities as requested, especially during harvest.
- Minimum 2-5 years of winery production experience (premium winery preferred)
- 1 years of some supervisory experience preferred but not required
- 2 years driving forklift in a winery or barrel storage setting preferred but not required
- Ability to work nights and/ or weekend during harvest
- 21 Years of age or older preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be organized and have strong attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer
Respond with resume and letter of introduction please