Old Bridge Cellars imports, produces and markets wines from a handful of fiercely independent wineries from many of the world’s most applauded wine regions. We see as our mission the championing of a select group of uncompromising winemakers who give everything in their pursuit of truly distinctive, regionally defined styles that sit comfortably with the world’s best. Our portfolio is anchored in Australia, yet also reaches internationally through long standing relationships with vintners in New Zealand, Italy, France and the US. Our parameters remain, simply, that the wineries we represent are true to their regions and true to themselves. A few of our brands include d’Arenberg, Leeuwin Estate, Innocent Bystander, Clos Du Val, Maison L’Envoyé and Champagne Collet.
Nature and Scope
We are seeking a powerhouse marketing manager with luxury brand experience and extensive wine industry knowledge who loves to hustle and get things done!
As part of OBC’s marketing team, this role has an emphasis on public relations and business development. The role involves working with the Marketing Director and VP of Marketing across all facets of PR, including developing effective media and communications strategies for both OBC at a corporate level and for the individual brands within OBC’s portfolio. This position has a close working relationship with the OBC Executives, Sales Directors and marketing teams of OBC's principal wineries, media organizations and event/venue personnel. An intimate understanding of the US wine/lifestyle media environment, the ability to quickly assimilate the backgrounds of the company’s brands, strong writing and communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills are required. The role also includes supporting the US brand development for OBC owned and agency brands across multiple distribution channels.
The role is based in Napa, CA plus light, event-related travel as needed.
• Manage the dissemination of communications and wine samples to media and trade.
• Actively seek out and develop wine and lifestyle media opportunities.
• Oversee trade/consumer events, wine competitions and market visits by visiting winery personnel.
• Lead OBC's social media and digital marketing activities. Be actively involved in their maintenance and on-going evolution.
• Explore and manage strategic partnerships with alternate channel businesses.
• Support and assist with the national implementation of agreed marketing programs at all levels of the distribution system, including wholesalers, on and off premise and consumers.
• Implement direct marketing programs.
1. Format and administer a media list ranked by category and divided by regional location.
2. Coordinate OBC’s wine sample program to maximize media, competition and sponsorship opportunities (prior to release and during the wine’s time in market).
3. Prepare and disseminate approved press releases and information kits to media and trade in a timely and effective manner.
4. Schedule and compose regular newsletter and email offers, applicable to different segments via digital and print mediums.
5. Monitor media submissions. Collate and report media reviews on a regular basis to OBC management and winery principals.
6. Direction of PR consultants/agencies as appropriate.
Social Media and Digital Marketing
1. Manage the development of the OBC web-site, including design, content, and e-commerce platform.
2. Ongoing maintenance of websites to update news, trade tools, winery information and wine releases.
3. Develop and manage social media strategies and content for OBC and OBC-owned brands.
4. Build consumer database.
1. Coordinate scheduled OBC promotional events including market visits by visiting winery personnel, trade and consumer exhibitions and wine competitions.
2. Plan and manage winemaker/winery principal itineraries.
3. Manage event checklists and calendars.
4. Oversee event registrations and payment.
5. Liaise with external venues/agencies + facilitating deliveries of all wines/POS/etc. required for individual events.
6. Host tastings with key trade who visit or stay with OBC.
7. Main point of contact for regional wine associations and/or trade organizations for planning and events.
1. Research, pitch and manage wine sales opportunities with alternate channel businesses such as cruiselines/airlines, mailing lists, wine clubs, e-tailers.
The position reports directly to the Marketing Director.
The successful applicant will be smart, self-motivated, thrive when working in a dynamic team environment, and have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills. The successful applicant will also have a proven track record for being a team player, thinking outside the box and being a proficient solver.
5+ years wine industry experience
B.A./B.S. degree preferred
Microsoft Office Suite
Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred
Web-based platforms knowledge such as TradePulse, WordPress and Nexternal preferred
Must be able to lift 40 lbs.