Free Flow Wines is looking for candidates who are passionate about what they do, enjoy working hard and thinking outside the ‘bottle’. If you enjoy a fast-paced and dynamic workplace and care about quality, customer success and sustainability, we are looking for you!
Free Flow Wines is looking to hire a Cellar Worker to work a regular shift all year around. This position will continue beyond harvest. A Cellar Worker is responsible for assisting with the production of all wines and any cellar related tasks while following all Free Flow Wines standard operating procedures at our facility in Sonoma.
Some Responsibilities and Duties:
• A cellar worker must communicate clearly and concisely with Production Leads and Supervisors.
• Ensure all tanks are clearly labeled with the appropriate information.
• Operate manual kegging line when needed.
• Learn basic understanding of automated line
• Continue cross training to be able to run automated line
• General cellar cleanup. Finalize all daily production.
• Develop working knowledge of all cellar chemicals and their appropriate uses. Monitor and maintain all dry chemical levels and chemical drums. Record weekly chemical usage with Lead.
• Report all low inventories of kegging supplies to Production supervisors.
• Responsible for but not limited to cellar, tank, and equipment sanitation.
• High school education required.
• Previous experience in a similar position, particularly as a Cellar Worker at a winery.
• Working knowledge of cellar equipment, and a plus if there is knowledge of a kegging line.
• Knowledge or having worked with production schedules preferred.
• Forklift operation experience.
• An understanding of sterility and handling finished wine.
• Excellent verbal skills required.
• Can perform basic math. Moderate daily computer use of programs, as required.
• Must have reliable transportation, be punctual and maintain good attendance.
• Physical demands: lift 50-60 lbs.; stand and walk during most of the shift; work in cellar with all wine lab equipment; occasional stairs and ladder climbing.
• Compensation will depend upon experience. • This is a Non-Exempt, Hourly positions. • Med., Den., PTO & Holiday pay available after a short waiting period.