Under the general direction of and the direct supervision of the Hospitality Manager, the Tasting Lounge & Estate Associate is responsible for efficiently and effectively promoting the sale of wine and non-wine products through customer service and providing consumers with a meaningful wine tasting and educational experience. All efforts are focused on attaining monthly sales goals while providing gracious hospitality to consumers, guests and trade.
• Greets all visitors to the Estate & Tasting Lounge, pours wines for tasting, explains wine details/facts, and responds to customer questions as appropriate.
• Ensures that every visitor understands the Farmstay meaning; educational & agricultural background
• Is knowledgeable about wines, accurately describes wines, winemaking techniques, winery/property history, appellations, and unique aspects of wines.
• Expand the Farmstay Wine Experience and Sensory Workshop in detail for consumer understanding.
• Effectively promotes and sells wine and Wine Club memberships to customers and guests.
• Operates daily functions in the Tasting Lounge; pumping open wine bottles, cleans room and deck, etc.
• Takes the initiative for self-development in the areas of our wines, our brands, general hospitality, and for acquiring effective sales techniques and acumen.
• Makes sure the Estate is clean and presentable to guests throughout the day.
• Maintains high level of hospitality when communicating to guests of the Estate
• Process orders and pack up to be shipped orders in cellar if needed.
• Participates and assists with special hospitality events that occur at the winery.
• Washes and polishes glassware for Tasting Lounge.
• Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed.
• Represents winery at outside functions as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
• Saturdays and Sundays, & possible Friday schedule
• Possesses or can develop solid knowledge of wines, vineyard development and winemaking processes.
• Consistently demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and poise and tact in working with the public and scheduled tasting appointments.
• Proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with diverse client group.
• Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
• Is flexible, can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and positivity.
• Strong computer proficiency and basic to intermediate knowledge of Word, Wine Direct and Excel preferred.
• Possesses one to two years prior related experience.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
• Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to effectively stock wine, set-up and break down procedures, equipment, etc., and be able to utilize hand cart and assist in moving heavy objects.
• Ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions