Responsible for establishing and delivering The Company's annual goals in the designated market by working with and through our Distributor partner. Host & receive key market Distributor personnel at the Benton Lane winery to indoctrinate them in the Benton Lane Estate & Wines.
Huneeus Vintners is based in Napa California, this position is based in the Pacific Northwest, preferably in Oregon.
• Build the annual market plan to deliver annual depletion and distribution goals for the Huneeus portfolio
• Monitor and evaluate Distributors performance against market goals.
• Develop distributor pricing and program strategies that deliver the market goals.
• Formulate market plans by Channel and account. Allocate resources to key retailers in the market
• Manage compliance of National On & Off Premise account programs.
• Work with Senior Sales management & marketing to establish the resources needed to help Benton Lane establish significant presence in its own 'backyard'.
• Work closely with distributor salespeople and management to execute programs efficiently & effectively.
• Educate distributor sales personnel on the Huneeus Portfolio and the brand standards we expect.
• Use market data to identify market opportunities, share this with the Distributor Sales Team.
• Hold monthly business conversations with the Distributor Management Teams.
• Develop win-win-win solutions that result in value creation for Retailers, Huneeus and our Distributor partners.
• Show fiscal responsibility at all time. Stay within pre-agreed budget limits.
• Put controls in place to manage local market dollars; be totally transparent with budgeted spend.
• Monitor competitor activities in the market. Communicate information on competitive strategy & tactics to direct supervisor and key Wholesaler personnel.
• Ability to understand, measure, monitor and effect:
• Managing for value
• Active Points of Distribution
• Price management and models
• Channel/Account Management
• Participate in "sales blitzes / crew drives" in markets outside the primary area as needed
• Effective management and control of annual market budgets.
• Oregon based 'go to' authority for the Huneeus sales team
• Help create Benton Lane advocates among the Distributor sales teams from the top 15 markets in the US
• Choreograph & host key market sales visits to Benton Lane. Emerge them in the Estate, the Wines and the Southern Willamette Valley.
• Coordinate Steve & Carol's schedule so that they spend time with key market visitors.
• Work with the Napa based marketing team to ensure the tasting room space, meeting room and site reflect the brand positioning for Benton Lane.
• Maintain close contact with Oregon based Trade Associations to ensure Benton Lane is included in any relevant tastings/shows etc.
• Strong code of ethics and high level of integrity
• Tenacious and resilient
• Energetic self-starter manager who has demonstrated an ability to communicate, work with and lead others in a matrix environment
• Works cooperatively as a member of a team (functionally, cross-functionally, across Huneeus) and is committed to the overall team objectives rather than own interests.
• Actively learns from own failures and successes and those of others.
• Is honest in opinions and takes responsibility for his/her actions.
• Acts to the values of HV
• Bachelor's degree in Business or related area OR equivalent years working experience in related area in lieu of degree required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to speak before large audiences both internally or externally, required.
• Must possess strong negotiation and mediation skills with the ability to influence and motivate others to meet objectives under sometimes-restrictive timelines.
• Ability to manage tasks and to exercise independent judgment without supervision.
• Strong analytical skills required. Ability to develop customer / distributor strategies, programs, and promotions based on competitive data to meet overall company objectives while meeting customer needs essential.
• Excellent organization skills, multi-tasking, and project management skills required, including the ability to manage multiple competing priorities essential.
• Knowledge of wine, wine terms, and growing techniques not required but helpful. Passion for wine and the ability to continuously learn new wines and brands and represent effectively to customers required.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). TradePulse experience preferred.
• Must be a person of high integrity and commitment and possess a strong work ethic.
• Significant travel within assigned territory required.
• Valid driver's license required
• Must be able to lift a case of wine (45 pounds) up to 10 times per day
• Minimum of seven years previous professional outside sales experience required.
• Three-tier management experience required.
Wine / alcohol beverage industry experience highly desirable but not required
Location: Portland, OR 97220
Category: Sales and Marketing