Mountain Peoples Wine Distributing has over 25 years of experience in the wine industry with a focus on certified organic, biodynamic and sustainable wineries. We are currently seeking a self-motivated individual with an intimate knowledge and familiarity with the greater Los Angeles territory and wine industry to join our sales team.
As a sales representative for Mountain Peoples Wine Distributing, you will be responsible for establishing, maintaining, and growing relationships with existing active accounts in a specified portion of the Los Angeles region with a larger emphasis on opening new independent retail and on-premise accounts in order to grow the territory. The area we are looking to cover with this position includes Burbank, Pasadena, Glendale, Eagle Rock, Silverlake, Downtown Los Angeles and areas east of LA. Industry experience with a focus on sales is required as well as a solid background in and understanding of wine, the wine industry, and organic, biodynamic and sustainable wine-growing and wine-making practices.
This job is best suited for candidates who are confident in their sales skills and currently carry an existing wine portfolio that would be complementary to ours.
The ideal candidate will:
• Carry an additional book that would be supplementary to a well-rounded organic portfolio
• Be able to build and maintain quality relationships with wine buyers in accounts
• Possess excellent sales skills and ability to meet and exceed sales goals
• Be a quick learner, well-organized and excited to read and respond to sales reports
• Have the ability to coordinate tasting events with an ability to educate customers on our wines
• Be able and willing to travel extensively throughout the territory
• Possess a passion and drive for growing sales in the market with an emphasis on local small production, organic, biodynamic and sustainable wineries
• Have extensive wine knowledge or certification – Certified Sommelier or WSET preferred.
• Have 2+ years of beverage wholesale, retail or hospitality experience.
• Be able to work independently and take ownership of assigned duties and meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities as directed by management.
• Conduct store resets, assist with merchandising
• Have the ability to attend in-person or virtual sales meetings
• Be computer literate and possess computer, laptop or other device with ability to read and manipulate spreadsheets and other office documents.
• Have a valid CA Driver’s License, auto insurance and a clean driving record
• Be 21 years of age or older
Salary: This is a commission-based 1099 independent contractor position, and we offer a competitive commission structure, auto allowance and sales incentive programs. We would be able to offer an initial monthly guarantee to the right individual.
How to Apply: Please email a brief cover letter mentioning your qualifications and your resume.