The Cellar Staff position is responsible for the daily activities needed during the production of fine wine, taking direction from the Winemakers and Cellar Master. Through the course of the year, these activities may include crushing, fermentation and aging, barrel filling and maintenance, bottling, and various other tasks as needed.
Mid-level responsibilities, generally after 6 months employment or previous experience at another facility. Performs all cellar tasks, work orders, etc. with limited supervision. May direct less skilled workers. Operates and maintains cellar equipment.
Perform general activities during the grape harvest, which may include some or all of the following: functioning as weighmaster at the grape scale; operating all stations at the crush pad from emptying bins and gondolas to monitoring the crusher/destemmer; operating presses; operating pumps; monitoring the sorting table; moving dumpsters and other equipment; and other tasks as needed.
Perform general during the fermentation and aging process, which may include some or all of the following: moving juice/must from the crushers and/or presses to fermentation tanks; monitoring tanks for temperature control and fermentation progress; racking and performing pump-overs; moving must from the tanks to the presses; filtering, fining, and stabilizing; and other tasks as specified.
Perform general activities associated with the barrel aging program: washing, sulfuring, filling, topping, keeping inventory, moving and emptying barrels, adding new barrels, and discarding older barrels.
Performing general activities related to the bottling process: cleaning the bottling line, cleaning the holding tanks, preparing wine for bottling, moving wine into the tanks, and providing support for the bottling crew as needed.
Perform general tasks related to cellar maintenance and cleaning; monitoring cellar supplies and equipment; participating in safety presentations and training; and assisting winemakers in other tasks as needed.
Maintain proper time and attendance in WorkForceNow.ADP and take required timely meal and rest breaks.
Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively participate in one-on-one and small groups situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to a variety of tasks and duties. Ability to adapt to minor changes in routine, solve basic problems, and work with moderate supervision.
• Computer skills required on a daily basis
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• High School diploma or GED; or 6-12 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance may be required.
• Heavy physical activity performing regular strenuous activities, including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, carrying, pushing, pulling, squatting, and other motions. Stability and balance adequate for elevated and/or narrow work areas. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 50 lbs. in weight independently, and up to 100 lbs. or more with assistance. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, grasp, hold, handle items, and work with the fingers, wrists, elbows, and shoulders. Clear vision (close and distant), peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for working safely around machinery, vehicles, and other equipment.
• Indoor and outdoor environment with variable lighting, temperature and/or ventilation. Areas may or may not be heated, air-conditioned, or shaded. Outdoor periods frequently required in changing weather conditions. Exposure to fumes and/or a variety of chemicals. Moderate to high noise levels typical of machinery, power tools, vehicles, and other equipment. (Note: PPE provided for all workers.)
Schedule and Travel Requirements:
• Variable schedule: Primarily a set schedule but may require weekends, periodic evenings, and/or periodic or seasonal overtime.
• Position does not require overnight travel.
Competitive compensation wage and full benefits offered.
***Benefits: medical starts first of the month following your hire date, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, Life/Disability/AD&D, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and generous employee discounts.
Please apply online at link @ boissetcollection.com/employment or email firstname.lastname@example.org