Our winery is located in the heart of Oregon's Willamette Valley, McMinnville. We are a mid-sized winery specializing in the production of premium Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, and Chardonnay from some of the most amazing vineyard sites in Oregon.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work in an airplane hangar turned state-of-the-art winery? Does working across the street from the Spruce Goose and an amazing waterpark bring you excitement? Well, we've got an opportunity for you! Built just before the 2017 harvest, our McMinnville winery has all the bells and whistles a winemaker would want, including an abundance of space! Under the general direction of winemaker, coordinates, implements, reviews and facilitates all wine production operations for Jackson Family Wines Oregon wines. The successful candidate will assist in managing day-to-day functions of the cellar, manage custom crush brands and relationships, maintain records for all internal wine movements, and assist in the development of procedural and quality control manuals. Candidate will be responsible for hiring, training, counseling, and discipline of assigned staff. If you are a hardworking, energetic, fun-loving, quick witted wine enthusiast that enjoys working in a team environment, we look forward to hearing from you. Come join our fast-paced and collaborative winemaking team where quality still comes first!
• Schedule and supervise all wine production operations including but not limited to wine fermentation, blending, stabilization, bottling and storage.
• Promote development of Production Staff through mentorship.
• Oversee daily cellar operations in conjunction with winemaking team and Lab to meet production requirements and schedules.
• Responsible for quality control oversight of Cellar functions.
• Work with JFW Winemakers on JFW wine projects.
• Manage a select group of custom crush clients.
• Participate in regular sensory evaluation and trials.
• Development of ongoing winemaking procedures.
• Utilize and maintain proprietary database, BIMS.
• Coordinate the scheduling and receiving of supplies and goods.
• Supervision of shifts as needed.
• Assist in maintenance of safety program with Safety Manager.
• Oversee hiring and training of harvest personnel.
• Develop and manage budget for areas of responsibility as delegated by management.
• May be called upon to conduct educational tours and tastings.
• Complete special projects.
Requires BS Degree in Enology, Viticulture or related. Must have 4-6 years' of "hands-on" wine production experience. Supervisory and winery experience is required. Strong computer literacy preferred. This position requires a highly motivated and dedicated individual who is organized, detail oriented and able to work independently as well as a member of a team.
Required to stand long periods of time. Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds of weight.